Pickup switch suddenly backwards

Need to know how to setup your guitar? How do you lower your action? How do you get rid of the Milli Vanilli stickers? Look here first.
Seawaver

Pickup switch suddenly backwards

Post by Seawaver » September 13th, 2018, 9:40 pm

So i polished my guitar and changed out the strings today. I have a sterling majesty. I didn't mess with any of the wiring. I removed the pickups bur left them connected so i could clean around and under them without damaging them. I put the guitar back together and tuned it up and immediately noticed the sound was very thin and tinny. I tried the tone knob and it was already maxed out on the darker side of it. Then i tried the pickup switch which i always leave up which is the bridge pickup. Thats when i found out that it had somehow been reversed. Up was now the neck pickup and down was the bridge. I could live with this if it wasnt for the fact that even on the bridge it sounds way more tinny than it was before. I play a lot of hard rock and metal so this is a big problem for me. As i said i did not mess with any wiring. I also did not touch the selector switch. It stayed installed thru the process. I looked at all the wiring and it still looks fine. No wires are broken. Any clues?

Alan Green
Guitari Lama

Re: Pickup switch suddenly backwards

Post by Alan Green » September 14th, 2018, 3:29 am

Haven't got a pull-up coil split have you?
"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger
"I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk

Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Seawaver

Re: Pickup switch suddenly backwards

Post by Seawaver » September 14th, 2018, 6:54 am

No just a "push-push" boost powered by battery