Welcome to the forums!

Make You Feel My Love - Bob Dylan/Garth Brooks/Adele

Post your links to your own recordings here if you'd like some feedback. Please keep it clean or let us know ahead of time a parental advisory is in effect. This forum is for your own recordings. Do not post links to copyrighted material or commercial MP3s.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby JoeHempel » March 29th, 2012, 8:19 pm

This is one of those songs that really gets me....especially this partiular arrangement.

Hopefully I did it justice, I recorded it specifically for my finace today after a bit of a rough day yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h1-5Emy ... ature=plcp
In Space, no one can hear me sing!
JoeHempel
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby Alan Green » March 29th, 2012, 10:32 pm

Not a song I particularly know, which allows me to be objective about it. It's nicely done without being over the top, and it makes perfect chill out music.

Do you gig this stuff Joe, or are you just in it to record?

There's a market for you in the weddings/ corporate events world. Go get......
"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger
"I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk

Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk
Alan Green
Guitari Lama

Postby JoeHempel » March 29th, 2012, 10:48 pm

Thanks Alan!

I don't gig this stuff because I have a very very hard time memorizing the music....and I have a huge confidence issue. I did a couple corporate gigs a couple years ago for the now defunct Borders Books for no pay, just to get out there...sold a few Cd's there, but I was so nervous that I didn't enjoy myself. Being solo is so nerve racking for me. I just don't have that feeling of "I'm good enough to do this".

Like this song, it took me about 30 minutes to get a recording I was happy with, and I can't wrap my head around being able to do it all the time in public without havng those extra takes. I know it's not necissarily the music that's the problem, but my head.

But I do appreciate all the feedback over the years you've given me, it's not gone to waste.
JoeHempel
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby stephenbutler » April 6th, 2012, 8:38 pm

Another nice recording here. Reading your post, I can relate to the difficulty memorizing songs. Sooooo hard for me. Espcially on the instrumental stuff. You're a fantastic player, and I'm glad you know it's in your head, it's clear your hands know what to do, just by watching your picking hand in particular. I focus on that cause it's such a weakness for me, so I enjoy watching you play so well. Great stuff.
stephenbutler

Postby JoeHempel » April 10th, 2012, 2:52 am

Thanks I do appreciate it!!

One of the things I have a hard time with is figuring out how to market the style of music I play. I don't play traditional type guitar, it's not like I have a "rocking' sounds etc. Which is why I loved playing Borders...till I put them out of business LOL. And I've done enough video shoots at weddings to know that I will not do well at Weddings....hate with a capital HATE wedding gigs.

Solo is so nerve wracking!
JoeHempel
Guitarnoise Addict