Jamplay.com Holiday Special

Welcome to the forums!

Looking for someone to drum to R.E.M. Cover

Are you looking for someone to jam? Do you have AIM or MSN or YIM? Would you like to collaborate online? Are you just looking for something to do with the microphone attached to your PC? Post here.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby elpantalla » January 19th, 2007, 4:18 pm

Hey, I recently recorded an REM cover of Gardening At Night, I am looking for somebody who could record a beat to it.
elpantalla

Postby Ignar Hillström » February 21st, 2007, 4:14 pm

A bit late but what the heck, if you record to a metronome I'll add a drumtrack to it for you.
Click here for FREE, limited one-time only offer!
Ignar Hillström
Musically Insane

Postby Misanthrope » February 21st, 2007, 4:20 pm

Here's an idea I just picked up recently and tinkered with a bit (I have yet to put it into practice properly, but looks promising from little test runs):

Find a guitar pro or powertab version with drums, and edit as required. Export just the drum track as a MIDI file and use that to play VSTi drums with a sequencer. I used a friends copy of Groove agent as the VSTi, but there are some free ones out there, and Reaper as the sequencer (still in trial, but only $40ish after 30 days).

Nice and cheap drums, not too much hassle, and really quite good. Using the tab gives you a good headstart too, so it doesn't take forever to get right :wink:
Misanthrope
Guitarnoise Addict