How to make the "wow wow" sound in my electric guitar?

Post your question here and an experienced guitar player or teacher will get back to you.
maxgomes

How to make the "wow wow" sound in my electric guitar?

Post by maxgomes » October 20th, 2018, 5:37 am

I know about the whammy bar and how to use it for general distortion. But as I was walking to my school this morning, I saw a dude playing an electric and making the "wow wow" sound with each pluck as he played a mellow riff. The whammy bar I have doesn't seem to be able to do that.

So, can someone can help me out with how to generate that sound from my amp? Do I need to buy extra equipment?

(Note: I called it the "wow wow" sound because idk what the sound is actually called. Google couldn't help me with this. It just sounds like a person saying "wow" in a high pitched voice with each pluck of the string.)

Alan Green
Guitari Lama

Re: How to make the "wow wow" sound in my electric guitar?

Post by Alan Green » October 20th, 2018, 8:44 am

Wah pedal - Vox make a really good one, and the Jim Dunlop Crybaby wah is the industry standard
"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger
"I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk

Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Gonce

Post by Gonce » October 31st, 2018, 5:48 am

Which one of those pedals would you recommend for a beginner that only needs the basic stuff, for now, Alan? Cheers.

Alan Green
Guitari Lama

Post by Alan Green » October 31st, 2018, 8:00 am

I'd try the Dunlop
"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger
"I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk

Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk