first gutiar advice

Post your question here and an experienced guitar player or teacher will get back to you.
obelix

first gutiar advice

Post by obelix » July 15th, 2015, 12:50 am

Hello everybody i,m 46 never had guitar ever but thought i would start i,m going to get a IBANEZ GAX30 as my first ever guitar as i have swollen fingers and this has a wider fret board is there any advice for a beginner of my age i want to learn rock/blues but not the screaming rock
Last edited by obelix on July 18th, 2015, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Isom

Re: first gutiar

Post by Isom » July 15th, 2015, 10:45 am

All I can say is good luck with your pick. I am also new to guitar and I already have six because I'm looking for just the right one, and most are bought online. :roll: :note1: :note2: :note1:
:note2: :note1: :note2:

Win Free Gear @ AmazonMusicGear.com

obelix

Post by obelix » July 15th, 2015, 1:42 pm

Isom wrote:All I can say is good luck with your pick. I am also new to guitar and I already have six because I'm looking for just the right one, and most are bought online. :roll: :note1: :note2: :note1:
some people have told me if you can best to go into the shop so you can feel it and whatnot witch makes seance i guess

obelix

Post by obelix » July 18th, 2015, 10:33 am

Isom wrote:All I can say is good luck with your pick. I am also new to guitar and I already have six because I'm looking for just the right one, and most are bought online. :roll: :note1: :note2: :note1:
Why do you have 6 if your new as well

Isom

Post by Isom » July 19th, 2015, 12:48 pm

obelix wrote:
I just can't help myself. They are so pretty!!! Also, in the back of my head I keep thinking that if I find the right guitar that it will make me a better player. Until I find it I keep looking and keep practicing... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:note2: :note1: :note2:

Win Free Gear @ AmazonMusicGear.com

obelix

Post by obelix » July 20th, 2015, 2:24 am

Isom wrote:
obelix wrote:
I just can't help myself. They are so pretty!!! Also, in the back of my head I keep thinking that if I find the right guitar that it will make me a better player. Until I find it I keep looking and keep practicing... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have to save for mine but only plan getting 2 guitars want to learn on the gax30 then get the prs 22 standard Santana but i understand they are so some are so beautiful what is your favorite and worse guitar i know its strange but i don't like the start or Les Paul not sure why just don't

Gdub7870

Re: first gutiar advice

Post by Gdub7870 » July 24th, 2015, 10:31 am

I just started playing too. Bought an epiphone Les Paul which I'm giving to my son and picked up a minty Jackson Js22 to continue learning on. Currently working on power chord progression. Good luck

tinsmith

Post by tinsmith » July 24th, 2015, 5:01 pm

I find Snarling Dog Brain picks (nylon) or Jim Dunlop (nylon) picks easy...They don't spin around & the knurls keep them in place.

obelix

Post by obelix » July 25th, 2015, 1:52 pm

tinsmith wrote:I find Snarling Dog Brain picks (nylon) or Jim Dunlop (nylon) picks easy...They don't spin around & the knurls keep them in place.
thanks for that i just brought random bundle from ebay

tinsmith

Post by tinsmith » July 28th, 2015, 5:01 pm

Maybe you acquired some nylon jobbies??

obelix

Post by obelix » August 9th, 2015, 1:47 am

what would the ideal plectrums be or as a beginner does it not matter