Welcome to the forums!

So happy - Finally got a Uke!

Discussion about guitar playing from a diverse group of people with different tastes and levels of experience.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby fleaaaaaa » September 8th, 2012, 11:32 am

Not sure about the absolute specifics of the spec - its a concert uke and it has twelve frets :lol:
together we stand, divided we fall..........
fleaaaaaa

Postby peterr88 » September 18th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Taking over the world with little instruments!
peterr88

Postby Nuno » September 22nd, 2012, 9:21 am

Congrats on that new uke! Fun instruments.

This could be useful: http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicTeacher2010
Nuno
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby 1armbandit » September 24th, 2012, 9:23 am

We had a camp-out this weekend with a group of teardrop campers (an entertaining group of people) and I had arranged for a uke jam on Saturday. Only three players but several more singing and playing hand percussion. Next year we will add some kazoos to fill out the sound. We had so much fun that we got together again at the campfire that night and played some more.

We used several songs out of the Cheezland Ukulele Band songbook. There is some really fun stuff in there. They went nuts when I started playing Springsteen's Hungry Heart. :lol:

We plan to take a couple of extra ukes next year and try to teach some new players.

Uke on Dude!

Jack
1armbandit

Postby Hobson » October 4th, 2012, 12:00 pm

I haven't been able to find a decent uke locally. I was going to look while I was in Tucson yesterday, but had too many other things to do and ran out of time. So I got an email from Elderly Instruments today with what looked like a good deal on a tenor uke with hard case. The fact that it's a limited edition was kind of a turnoff for me. I don't want to pay extra for a "special" instrument. But I took the plunge and ordered this:

http://elderly.com/new_instruments/items/LU22E40.htm

Can't wait to try it.
Renee
Hobson

Postby Hobson » October 11th, 2012, 8:22 am

My uke arrived yesterday afternoon. It looks good, plays well and sounds amazing for the price. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with it.
Renee
Hobson

Previous