Welcome to the forums!

re-uping the pedal board

Here is a forum for everything between the guitar (here) and the amp (there). If you want to know about cables, effects pedals, multieffects, noisegates, line drivers, phasers, distortion post your questions in here.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby Trae13 » April 24th, 2012, 5:20 am

Ok, so this has probably been posted a million times, but how about one more. I used to run analog pedals in front of my AD 140, until my board was stolen around the same time as I was transistioning into a situation where I was asked to play direct. So I bought the POD X3 pro and have been extremely pleased with it for about 4 years. But like any tone guy, the call of the tube amp is calling me back and I have an opportunity to use it live again. So I am in the process of putting my board back together. The question is, I really like the line 6 delays, verbs, and some of the MOD's. Have you all had any experience with the M13 coupled with some other stomps? I think it would give me a lot of options without carrying around a 40" board. Or should I just go piece by piece with boxes. At the end of the day its about personal prefrences, but I thought it would be cool to hear some other thoughts on the subject.
Trae13

Postby kpheard » April 25th, 2012, 1:48 am

I have not actually used the M13 but I have watched a lot of video reviews about it on youtube and I honestly think it is the way to go if you want the versatility of individual stomp boxes but with the convenience of a single multi effect unit. I just love the way that you still have the knobs to adjust each sound just like you do on stomp pedals rather than the usual minimal controls on a multi effects unit.
I would definately like to get an M13 one day when I can afford it. I would suggest you go into a music store and give one a try. I can't think of another unit available right now with such versatility.
Learn to play guitar http://kheard.com/guitar
kpheard