Jamplay.com Holiday Special

Welcome to the forums!

Effects chain

Here is a forum for everything between the guitar (here) and the amp (there). If you want to know about cables, effects pedals, multieffects, noisegates, line drivers, phasers, distortion post your questions in here.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby Dreamer » June 24th, 2010, 10:12 am

I have a Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus,a Boss AW3 Dynamic Wah and a Boss BF3 Flanger.I would like some opinions on what order to put them in or do I have three pedals that shouldn't be used together? Thanks
Dreamer

Postby slejhamer » June 24th, 2010, 11:28 am

No reason they can't be used together. My thought is filter first (the auto wah), modulators later. I'd do wah-flanger-chorus but I know some players do flanger after chorus. They are somewhat related effects, so it may not matter. Ultimately, decide with your ears. That's what I did ... so now I don't use any bass effects!

Kinda miss the chorus though. And the defretter. And the octaver. :sigh:
:wink:
"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

My CIG Rock Blog
slejhamer
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby jwmartin » June 25th, 2010, 9:01 pm

Just agreeing w/ slej. I have a wah and chorus (same Boss you have) and have the wah in front of the chorus. Don't have a flanger though. My chain is octave-wah-distortion-chorus-eq-compressor
jwmartin
Guitarnoise Denizen

Postby Nuno » June 26th, 2010, 1:09 am

+1 on the order, filters first, then modulators

Usually I don't use effects. For some solo stuff (or just for fun) I use an octaver and every now an then a chorus/flanger (mainly the chorus).
Nuno
Guitarnoise Addict