Jamplay.com Holiday Special

Welcome to the forums!

Multieffect, looper and drum machine

Here is a forum for everything between the guitar (here) and the amp (there). If you want to know about cables, effects pedals, multieffects, noisegates, line drivers, phasers, distortion post your questions in here.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby rkeeling75 » April 18th, 2010, 4:31 pm

Good {insert time of day here},

I current run the following but would like to ask others if there is a better way, or if I could cause any harm with the following set-up.

From the guitar I have the following set-up to the amp
- Digitech RP250: multi-effects with the pedal's output set to AMP (not mixer)
- Boss RC-20 XL looper with the pedal going to the instrument input
- Fender Frontman Series II 25R

That's pretty normal, but I also run…

From an Alesis SR18 drum machine (Main output) to the Mic input of the Boss RC-20 XL (above) using this to either as a mixer or to catch the drums and rhythm at the same time to practice over (jazz lead sheets for example).

Is there a “better” way? Am doing something wrong? I ask because I had a smaller practice amp die (circuit issue) and wanted to make sure it wasn't something I did.

Also, in this set-up does it matter if I run the multi-effect with an Amp output or a mixer output?

I could always run the set-up like: Guitar -> pedal -> looper -> drum machine -> amp. In this case would it be better to run from the looper to the Aux input or the instrument input? I could even throw a mixer in the set-up…I don't just to keep the number of knobs to a minimum. :-) I already have a half dozen different volume settings to play with.

I know that's a lot of questions… sorry :-(
rkeeling75