Welcome to the forums!

Hope the move went well David :)

Read about the latest happenings of our site! If you have an upcoming gig or jam, post it here.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby Primeta » January 5th, 2004, 1:11 pm

:)  :)  :) missed you
"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler
Primeta
Guitarnoise Denizen

Postby corbind » January 5th, 2004, 4:14 pm

Ah, you gotta be kiddin' me.  He moved from the massive city of Chicago with all it's congestion and lack of space to basically a retreat home in Egremont, MA!  The pictures I saw of the house show the home is HUGE and it has land.  Any get-togethers/seminars/jams at David's new home will even more wonderful.

I was just messin' with you a bit.  Sure, it's tough to physically transport all your belongings (and 10+ guitars?) 600 miles and then set everything up.  But I think that the lifestyle and physical locale change is a huge boost in life experience.  Yet that comment should be tempered by the fact that I've never lived in Chicago and never want to.  The smaller west suburbs are just fine.  I like my trees, parks, and open areas.  (wink)

David, I suppose you're gonna let us know how you are in your next GN newsletter or post?  ???
"Do I want this badly enough that I'm going to put in the effort, to do the work required to make it happen? If I want it, I won't count on magic or fate...I'll make it happen." (David Hodge 1/1/11)
corbind
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby dhodge » January 7th, 2004, 1:34 pm

Hi there

Thanks for asking - I've arrived safely and am spending a lot of time unpacking and arranging things (won't even begin talking about the instruments!). I'm taking a "break" and  spending the afternoon finishing off the Wish You Were Here - Part 2 article which should go online this weekend. Tonight I may take another break and write this weekend's newletter. I'm hoping that someday very soon I'll be able to sit back and look at how beautiful everything is. I'll post pictures if you'd like.

Corbind, I'm hearing that folks are getting their "jam sheets" from the last one at my house. Much thanks for doing all that. You're a saint, sir.

I may not be frequenting the forums as much as I'd like guys, but give me a little time and I should be at least filling the site with all sorts of fun things!

Chat with you all soon.

Peace

dhodge
Musically Insane

Postby corbind » January 7th, 2004, 2:16 pm

I'm glad at least you made if fine.  I really think pictures would be appropriate when you get the chance.  Then many of us on the forums will practice/work harder to become better players and eventually teachers and live like you.  :-)

I did the "jam list" to free you up for better things. I must admit, thought, I have a vested interest in the project.  Now that there won't be any Chicago jam get togethers at you house I wanted to get everyone's info out there so the jams could continue at rotating home or whatever.  I don't think anyone can quite put together a jam like yours but I'll attend any ones that come up.

Your from the 6am-6pm job and writing for GN/teaching guitar at night transition to your full time job of teaching music as a calm before the storm.  A time to regroup and reenergize and then go gang busters.  Certainly it's better if you wrote little if anything for a couple of weeks to get your affairs in order and then come out pumped rather than stressed.  Nevertheless, glad all is well!  Now we just have to get Ryan to come out of the blue and drop a post on use!  :-)
"Do I want this badly enough that I'm going to put in the effort, to do the work required to make it happen? If I want it, I won't count on magic or fate...I'll make it happen." (David Hodge 1/1/11)
corbind
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby Laz » January 7th, 2004, 8:02 pm

Corbind;

David is the master at hosting Jams, but if you watch closely, you'll see that even with this, he is a great teacher.  I have hosted several Jams without David, and without claiming parity, I will say that there are some Hodgian moments.

The only thing I've added to these jams is a white-board.  It's great for teaching a song quickly.

So go for it.  David will begin offering Franchise licenses soon.  "Host a Hodge-style Jam in your own home!"

-Laz
Laz
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby Alan Green » January 8th, 2004, 4:47 am

Does that mean he'll offer "Become a Hodge Host today" seminars out at his place?

A :-)
"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger
"I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk

Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk
Alan Green
Guitari Lama