Jamplay.com Holiday Special

Welcome to the forums!

My first gig!! (sort of)

Read about the latest happenings of our site! If you have an upcoming gig or jam, post it here.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby Petrix » February 29th, 2004, 10:52 am

Woo! My band has a gig... except its hardly stadium stuff, we're playing at our school. but hey, everyone has to start somewhere.

Hopefully next month we'll also be in an "opening gig" at a local venue. but that one's not definate yet.

Ny tips people?
"I had these dreams that I would learn to play guitar, maybe cross the country, become a rock star"
Petrix

Postby forrok_star » February 29th, 2004, 9:24 pm

That sounds great. You'll have a lot of fun and memories.

Joe
forrok_star
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby Wes Inman » March 9th, 2004, 10:29 am

Congratulations Petrix!

That's a gig.

Tips?

Get there early. That way you have time to set up carefully, making sure everything is working properly, and maybe play a few songs for a soundcheck.

Bring some tools; pliers, wrench, screwdrivers, etc... Without fail your drummer will not be able to find his drum key.

Bring wirecutters in case you break a string. And bring extra batteries. BRING DUCT TAPE.

Bring extra strings, and guitar cords. Strings break and cords go bad at the worst times.

Do not play louder than the singer. Get a good balanced sound with the singer on top.

Make sure everyone tunes up carefully 10 minutes before you go on.

Do not get stoned.

The hardest part is just relax and have fun. Don't sweat it if you make mistakes. You will.

Rock out Petrix!

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis
Wes Inman
Musically Insane