Seems like it could be the guitar forum for me

New to guitar or just new to Guitarnoise? Say hello here. Where are you? What are you playing, acoustic, electric or both? How long have you been playing? What styles do you like to play?
On topic posts only please.
static_jmo

Seems like it could be the guitar forum for me

Post by static_jmo » February 9th, 2017, 2:23 pm

Hey,

I've been playing guitar for around a year now, I started playing bass a few years ago and used to receive group lessons where I built up the basis of what is now my growing knowledge of music theory. I've played bass, not at all seriously, with school friends in a band and used to have jam sessions with a drummer I know but I guess in the back of my mind I really knew I wanted to play guitar.

The reason I'm joining this forum is that I'm starting to think of myself more as a guitarist and so I thought it'd be a good idea to join a community. This forum looks like a genuinely interesting community and I like the idea of that sunday songwriting thread. While I have no experience playing in a band this is something I'd very much like to do someday once I find some people to play with and the onslaught of college assignments quiets down (wish I went to a music academy). Anyway I like learning about different aspects of playing and have purchased an audio interface to start practicing with maybe a little bit more focus, make some interesting sounds and most of all to write and record some songs.

This place seems like a good area to learn. I've never really been a proper forum user other than to ask a random question and leave forever but being interested and driven to improve my guitar and all aspects of music knowledge might change that :lol: see you on the message boards, I'll pop up from time to time.

UK

LessPaul

Re: Seems like it could be the guitar forum for me

Post by LessPaul » February 11th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Welcome! :)

Bish
Guitarnoise Addict

Re: Seems like it could be the guitar forum for me

Post by Bish » February 23rd, 2017, 10:32 pm

Welcome to the forum!!
Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"