Hey guys! I think I'm a little confused, but this may be helpful nonetheless.

New to guitar or just new to Guitarnoise? Say hello here. Where are you? What are you playing, acoustic, electric or both? How long have you been playing? What styles do you like to play?
On topic posts only please.
pawns

Hey guys! I think I'm a little confused, but this may be helpful nonetheless.

Post by pawns » October 7th, 2016, 3:02 am

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've been a guitarist for just over half of my life, and a singer for closer to all of it. I want to create noise/noise-rock/shoegaze music, and I've never upgraded my gear at all, or been able to network with musicians. I'm looking into this forum as a way to learn about things like gear, networking, songwriting for guitar, etc. The thing I'm not sure about (less so the more that I look around) is that this forum seems to be a general guitar forum which just happens to be called Guitar Noise Forum. Is this not a forum for guitarists who want to make noise music? If not, does anyone know of a forum which might cater more specifically to that? Part of the issue that I always seem to run into is that the noise community is pretty small, and just finding people to ask questions and learn from can be a challenge.

Anyways, I'll be making use of this regardless, just curious as to whether I had the wrong impression.

Alan Green
Guitari Lama

Re: Hey guys! I think I'm a little confused, but this may be helpful nonetheless.

Post by Alan Green » October 7th, 2016, 6:51 am

We cater for all genres of music - I'm a solo classical guitarist - jump in and have fun
"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger
"I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk

Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Bish
Guitarnoise Addict

Re: Hey guys! I think I'm a little confused, but this may be helpful nonetheless.

Post by Bish » July 3rd, 2018, 9:32 am

Welcome to Guitar Noise.
Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"