Intro

New to guitar or just new to Guitarnoise? Say hello here. Where are you? What are you playing, acoustic, electric or both? How long have you been playing? What styles do you like to play?
On topic posts only please.
Shanlou

Intro

Post by Shanlou » October 13th, 2015, 7:35 pm

Hi, I'm a new member here and a new guitar student. I'm playing acoustic, learning a little classical guitar but mostly playing rhythm guitar. I started taking lessons so I could help my daughter with her practicing at home and I discovered I liked it. Unfortunately now that summer is over my schedule doesn't work with lessons but I'm still trying to keep practicing when I get a few minutes here and there during the day. It's great to find a place to ask questions and find some good advice.

flyaboveothers

Re: Intro

Post by flyaboveothers » October 25th, 2015, 6:30 pm

Hello! I just joined the community as well. Nice to meet you and hope you find the play sometime soon!

shredgeek

Post by shredgeek » October 28th, 2015, 9:34 pm

Welcome aboard!

Ladycharlie419

Post by Ladycharlie419 » October 29th, 2015, 7:48 pm

Hello! I'm new to the community also and I'm looking forward to being here to share and learn. I'm brand new to guitar and I'm not as young as I used to be! :wink: I've been reading through many of the articles and would appreciate some input as to where I should begin.

Alan Green
Guitari Lama

Post by Alan Green » October 29th, 2015, 11:55 pm

Ladycharlie419 wrote:Hello! I'm new to the community also and I'm looking forward to being here to share and learn. I'm brand new to guitar and I'm not as young as I used to be! :wink: I've been reading through many of the articles and would appreciate some input as to where I should begin.
Start on the lessons page. Anything by David Hodge is well thought out and clearly written. Anything you're still not sure about we can fix in the Forum.
"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger
"I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk

Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk