Maybe I'm Not The Worst Singer On The Planet

Think you can't sing? Think again. Can you hum or sing the pitches as you tune your guitar? Can you sing along with your car radio? You can? Great! Now we know you can sing. It's good to get that out of the way. Come on in and wail away.
Post Reply
sunnibear
Junior Member
Posts: 65
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 5:55 pm

Maybe I'm Not The Worst Singer On The Planet

Post by sunnibear » November 12th, 2011, 1:19 pm

Well after my 7th vocal lesson people are telling me I'm definately making progress. having one of the best vocal coaches certainly has something to do with that. here's an article she just wrote that I found quite interesting about vocal warm ups. Does anyone out there go thru any warm ups before they perform? http://ezinearticles.com/?Singing-Exerc ... id=6681982

User avatar
Hobson
Senior Member
Posts: 794
Joined: May 15th, 2009, 10:46 am
Location: Near Tombstone, Arizona, USA

Re: Maybe I'm Not The Worst Singer On The Planet

Post by Hobson » November 12th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Absolutely. I even do warmups in the car on the way to my chorus rehearsals.
Renee

sunnibear
Junior Member
Posts: 65
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 5:55 pm

Re: Maybe I'm Not The Worst Singer On The Planet

Post by sunnibear » November 12th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Hobson wrote:Absolutely. I even do warmups in the car on the way to my chorus rehearsals.
Hi Renee, what kind of warm ups do you do?

dogbite
Musically Insane
Posts: 6354
Joined: July 14th, 2005, 8:06 am
Location: Coulee country, WI

Re: Maybe I'm Not The Worst Singer On The Planet

Post by dogbite » November 13th, 2011, 7:02 am

good article. thanks.
it is essential to perform warm up exercises before I sing. there is a remarkable difference.
not only can I hit more notes, but they sound much better. I also believe that my vocal cords are getting the proper exercise and thus will last longer without injury.

User avatar
Hobson
Senior Member
Posts: 794
Joined: May 15th, 2009, 10:46 am
Location: Near Tombstone, Arizona, USA

Re: Maybe I'm Not The Worst Singer On The Planet

Post by Hobson » November 13th, 2011, 12:35 pm

I just do some scales up and down my range. It doesn't have to be anything complicated. You just want to get the muscles and vocal cords going. It's sort of like stretching before you play sports. Start out somewhere in the middle of your range and gradually work to the top and bottom.
Renee

sunnibear
Junior Member
Posts: 65
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 5:55 pm

Re: Maybe I'm Not The Worst Singer On The Planet

Post by sunnibear » November 14th, 2011, 3:02 pm

Hobson wrote:I just do some scales up and down my range. It doesn't have to be anything complicated. You just want to get the muscles and vocal cords going. It's sort of like stretching before you play sports. Start out somewhere in the middle of your range and gradually work to the top and bottom.
Hi Renee, Do you sing professionally or just for fun?

sunnibear
Junior Member
Posts: 65
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 5:55 pm

Re: Maybe I'm Not The Worst Singer On The Planet

Post by sunnibear » November 16th, 2011, 3:26 pm

dogbite wrote:good article. thanks.
it is essential to perform warm up exercises before I sing. there is a remarkable difference.
not only can I hit more notes, but they sound much better. I also believe that my vocal cords are getting the proper exercise and thus will last longer without injury.
Yo Dogbite, Loved your vid on "96 Tears" Very cool! Anyway I could get that blonde's phone number???

User avatar
Hobson
Senior Member
Posts: 794
Joined: May 15th, 2009, 10:46 am
Location: Near Tombstone, Arizona, USA

Re: Maybe I'm Not The Worst Singer On The Planet

Post by Hobson » November 17th, 2011, 8:45 am

Since I seldom get paid for singing, I have to say that it's just for fun. I've been doing it for fun for a lot of years, had some lessons and sung in a few choirs/choruses. Been in some smaller groups and sung some solos.

Sunnibear, you're very fortunate to have a good teacher. I hope you enjoy it enough to stick with the lessons.
Renee

dogbite
Musically Insane
Posts: 6354
Joined: July 14th, 2005, 8:06 am
Location: Coulee country, WI

Re: Maybe I'm Not The Worst Singer On The Planet

Post by dogbite » November 17th, 2011, 9:08 am

sunnibear wrote:
dogbite wrote:good article. thanks.
it is essential to perform warm up exercises before I sing. there is a remarkable difference.
not only can I hit more notes, but they sound much better. I also believe that my vocal cords are getting the proper exercise and thus will last longer without injury.
Yo Dogbite, Loved your vid on "96 Tears" Very cool! Anyway I could get that blonde's phone number???
thanks. I haven't been recording in a long while. I really need to get back into that.
I love blondes, both teles and women and puppies. which blonde do you refer to?

sunnibear
Junior Member
Posts: 65
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 5:55 pm

Re: Maybe I'm Not The Worst Singer On The Planet

Post by sunnibear » November 17th, 2011, 10:46 am

dogbite wrote:
sunnibear wrote:
dogbite wrote:good article. thanks.
it is essential to perform warm up exercises before I sing. there is a remarkable difference.
not only can I hit more notes, but they sound much better. I also believe that my vocal cords are getting the proper exercise and thus will last longer without injury.
Yo Dogbite, Loved your vid on "96 Tears" Very cool! Anyway I could get that blonde's phone number???
thanks. I haven't been recording in a long while. I really need to get back into that.
I love blondes, both teles and women and puppies. which blonde do you refer to?
I was refering to the blonde doll in your 96 Tears video. LOL

Post Reply