Welcome to the forums!

Gibson SG For Sale

Do you have GAS? Do you need to sell your old Strat for a new Les Paul? Post your WTB and NTS requests here, along with your contact information. These posts will be locked after one week, and deleted after one month.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby The Dali » May 6th, 2008, 6:08 am

Ok friends, I have another axe for sale... I've gone back on forth on this one over the last year or so...

I have a 2004 Gibson SG Faded Special. Worn brown with MOP dots. This is probably the nicest guitar that I own, but I have a bunch and this doesn't get played. I just never "connected" with the guitar so I usually pick up the Fender before the SG. This is more of an indictment on me than the guitar. It plays great, has low action, sounds wonderful, and feels good in your hands. I just can't work the guitar like I can with the Hamer. It is a personal preference. I know others out there who swear by their Gibsons - I tried to be a Gibson guy, but I think I'm falling into the Fender camp.

In any event... this is a great guitar that is near-mint. It is in better condition than any storeroom floor guitar. I've also done some customizing on the guitar (you guys and gals know me!). Here are the basics:

- Guitar has nickel-covered Les Paul Standard pickups. 498T in the bridge and 490R in the neck.

- Updated truss-rod cover that says "The SG". The original was a cheap black cover with no writing.

- Vintage-style tophat knobs with silver tops that say "volume" and "tone". The originals were just plain black and these give the guitar a much cooler vibe.

- Replaced the tuners with Grover Deluxe vintage tuners. Look EXACTLY like the original Klusons and fit perfectly. No drilling was done - look like they came on the guitar. I found the Kluson's didn't hold all that well and the Grovers were a BIG improvement.

- Ditched the gigbag and bought a Gibson USA SG case made by TKL. Case is in mint condition.

I did all the above in an effort to "get into the guitar" more, but it didn't work. I'm sure a lot of you have been in a similar position - you really WANT to like a guitar, but it just doesn't "do it" for you. :roll: Anyway, I do love the guitar, but since I don't play it I'd rather sell it to someone who will play it and use the cash to fund something that I'll play more.

There are two things I'll point out before we get to a few pictures... the guitar has two scratches about a fingernail long. When I say two scratches I don't mean "it has 50 small scratches and two that you can really see". I mean it has TWO. And the other is that there is a slight rub mark where the guitar's neck would hang on the hook on my wall. Not a dent or anything, just a slight disoloration on either side of the headstock where it rested on the padded hook.

Ok, the axe is near-mint and comes with the Gibson hardcase and the upgrades. Looking for $650 plus shipping from 06415 (Connecticut).

Thanks for looking, and let me know if you have any questions! steve
-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"
The Dali
Guitarnoise Denizen

Postby ColoradoFenderBender » May 6th, 2008, 6:15 am

I have enough guitars, including your old Guiness Squier 51 - thanks Steve!

So, although I love SGs, I don't need one. But, I wanted to mention to you that the right half of pictures 2 & 3 appear "cut off" - at least when I view your post. Anyone else see the same thing I am? May want to repost those pics, if everyone has the same problem.
ColoradoFenderBender
Guitarnoise Denizen

Postby The Dali » May 6th, 2008, 6:34 am

Thanks - you need to scroll to the right (using the scroll bar at the bottom of the message chain) to see the rest. They are pretty large pictures.

We can always use another guitar, right?
-=- Steve

The Dali
Guitarnoise Denizen

Postby ColoradoFenderBender » May 6th, 2008, 6:46 am

I looked for the scroll bar, but can't seem to find one. Maybe its just my PC?
ColoradoFenderBender
Guitarnoise Denizen

Postby slejhamer » May 6th, 2008, 6:48 am

Nice upgrades; I'm very glad to see that it doesn't have Gibby '57 Classic pickups, because then I'd have to have it!

Still, this looks like a good deal with the upgrades and case.

P.S. no scrollbar for me either, and the "smilies" don't seem to work unless you type them in manually. Maybe something wrong with the forum software.
"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

My CIG Rock Blog
slejhamer
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby Scrybe » May 6th, 2008, 8:57 am

I've just received a gorgeous neck, with tuning machines and some seymour duncan pups from the Dali Lima and they exceed the description and pics he provided in his thread, so if you're interested in this axe, I'd seriously recommend buying from him. The gear was very well packaged too - it was sent from the US to the UK so I was naturally terrified that I'd open it to find a neck.....in two pieces. But there was no need for me to worry at all, everything went fine.

Edit: yes greybeard, I am indeed truly inept. But ya got the point! Name edited, too.
Last edited by Scrybe on May 6th, 2008, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe
Scrybe
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby greybeard » May 6th, 2008, 9:27 am

Scrybe wrote:I've just received a gorgeous neck, with tuning machines and some seymour duncan pups from the Dali Lama........

Wow, I didn't know that he played guitar, let alone modded 'em. Mind you with his connections, I bet they sound heavenly.... :)

Perhaps he and Dali Lima should get in touch with one another :)
I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN
greybeard
Guitari Lama

Postby Noff » May 6th, 2008, 12:36 pm

ColoradoFenderBender wrote:I looked for the scroll bar, but can't seem to find one. Maybe its just my PC?

right click > view image ought to do it.
Noff

Postby vanzant38 » May 7th, 2008, 12:22 am

That's a nice SG, its just too bad that you 2 can't get along.
My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt
vanzant38

Postby 97reb » May 7th, 2008, 6:59 pm

How about some sort of trade for my Schecter 7-string Hellraiser. I've posted pictures of it before. If you want to see more or are remotely interested let me know.
It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!
97reb
Guitarnoise Denizen

Postby The Dali » May 8th, 2008, 4:41 am

Sorry, 6 strings are enough for me! Plus, now I have a friend looking to buy one of my other guitars (Schecter c1+ with zebra Seymour Duncan JB/JAZZ set) so I might be in a position to look at a Gibson Les Paul Classic (slim taper neck!!) if I can sell the SG.
-=- Steve

The Dali
Guitarnoise Denizen

Postby The Dali » May 12th, 2008, 7:10 am

Last edited by The Dali on May 12th, 2008, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
-=- Steve

The Dali
Guitarnoise Denizen

Postby Elecktrablue » May 12th, 2008, 7:21 am

If I only had $650................ :(
..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"
Elecktrablue
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby mikethaninefive » May 13th, 2008, 5:40 pm

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=38995

Maybe this Jackson would fit you better? I also have a Jackson/Charvel HSC for it. :) And I'd throw in some misc. parts. there is alot to list, so If your interested I'll do an inventory,lol
Sorry about my writing skills, but my grammar sick.
mikethaninefive

Postby mikethaninefive » June 9th, 2008, 10:17 pm

Sorry, I was away for a while. I've got that list but your probably not interested now because when I got home from work the other night I was greeted with a dime sized chip in my Jackson right down to the wood. :evil: How it got there is beyond me, it hangs about six feet off the ground! My girlfriend says she doesn't know how it got there either. well if your interested in a trade for the parts I have let me know if you want the list and then what you have for it, or if your still interested in the SG trade, lemme know. Sorry for the lateness, Mike
Sorry about my writing skills, but my grammar sick.
mikethaninefive

Next