gfs humbuckers & assorted parts

Do you have GAS? Do you need to sell your old Strat for a new Les Paul? Post your WTB and NTS requests here, along with your contact information. These posts will be locked after one week, and deleted after one month.
TimeZone

gfs humbuckers & assorted parts

Post by TimeZone » April 13th, 2008, 7:52 am

In a depressed and drunken fit, I smashed my Saga LP copy. I never played that one any more, so it doesn't really matter, but it had some nice upgrades. So up for sale are the salvageable parts.

- GFS Dream 180 neck pickup (gold)
- GFS Dream 180 bridge pickup (gold) (small dent in pup cover & crack in the mounting ring, call it "reliced")
- Wilkinson ez-lock tuners (gold). These are pretty nice tuners, I've had them on a couple of my guitars.
- GFS gold tune-o-matic style bridge (with mounting studs & bushings)
- GFS gold tune-o-matic style stop-piece (with mounting studs & bushings)
- 3 gold hat knobs (1 slightly cracked)
- 4 black hat knobs
- gold angular pickguard mounting bracket
- 250k pot
- 500k pot (these two are half what you need to wire a 2-humbucker style guitar)
- 3-way switch

This is a nearly complete upgrade package for a LP-style guitar. I would keep the stuff for my own future use, but I've come to discover I'm truly a strat player, Les Pauls aren't for me, both in feel and in tone.

$70 shipped for the whole shabang.

TZ

97reb
Guitarnoise Denizen

Re: gfs humbuckers & assorted parts

Post by 97reb » April 13th, 2008, 2:23 pm

That's a pretty good deal. Those items probably go for $130-$140 whole shebang at GFS. Too bad you couldn't have gone into a drunken rage a couple of months ago, when I purchased pretty much all the same things from GFS. I got the Fat PAF's though, instead of the dream 180's. I'm still tempted, though. I'm sure I'll have another project come up soon.
It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Off He Goes
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by Off He Goes » April 14th, 2008, 11:24 am

That is a good deal. I've got half the mind to get them just for the pickups and bridge to put on one of my guitars. But I really don't have the money now, got to finance a semester overseas, otherwise I'd be all over this. I'm sure someone will jump at it though.

Paul
Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

TimeZone

Post by TimeZone » April 14th, 2008, 5:06 pm

Yeah, I tried to price it as a pretty good deal for someone who's got a project going, pretty much 50% of retail at GFS. Though if you're overseas (Paul), I'd probably have to ask a little more for shipping, I have no idea how much shipping stuff overseas goes for.

@97reb, I suppose I could have gone into a drunken rage a couple months ago... but I didn't. ;)

TZ

97reb
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by 97reb » April 15th, 2008, 3:11 pm

Well, TZ Paul is not really overseas, he's just going overseas. That's why he doesn't have the money. He's probably about as close to you as I am. Just some possible tax and import issues to Newfoundland.
It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Off He Goes
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by Off He Goes » April 15th, 2008, 4:16 pm

Yeah, I can't see it being that much more to ship. But I can't buy them anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm not sure about like duties or anything. I've bought GFS stuff off ebay, and didn't get hit.

Anyway, have you thought about putting the parts up together on ebay? You'd probably get a fair bit for the package.

Paul
Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

TimeZone

Post by TimeZone » April 16th, 2008, 2:25 pm

Wow was I confused (and I hadn't even been drinking ;)). Of course Newfoundland is in Canada. But see, I read it as "Netherlands". So when Paul said he was saving up for a trip "overseas", I interpreted that as meaning he'd be coming to the Americas. All is clear now. :lol:

Anyways, yeah, if nobody bites here, it'll go on ebay next week, I just thought I'd offer up a decent deal to my fellow forumites (and I'd rather deal w/ a forumite than random Joe ebayer anyways).

TZ

Off He Goes
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by Off He Goes » April 16th, 2008, 2:52 pm

TimeZone wrote:Wow was I confused (and I hadn't even been drinking ;)). Of course Newfoundland is in Canada. But see, I read it as "Netherlands". So when Paul said he was saving up for a trip "overseas", I interpreted that as meaning he'd be coming to the Americas. All is clear now. :lol:

Anyways, yeah, if nobody bites here, it'll go on ebay next week, I just thought I'd offer up a decent deal to my fellow forumites (and I'd rather deal w/ a forumite than random Joe ebayer anyways).

TZ
Yeah, I'm speing a semester in England, from September to December. Like I said, if I wasn't going away, I'd buy the stuff to put in my Les Paul copy. But unfortunately, by guitar budget is limited only to strings now, and maybe a new case for one of my electrics is I'm lucky.

Rob77

Post by Rob77 » April 23rd, 2008, 2:17 am

Have you sold those parts dude? What do you reckon it would cost to post them to Australia....?
"Who says you can't 'dive bomb' a bigsby?!"

TimeZone

Post by TimeZone » June 1st, 2008, 3:40 pm

Ah, my apologies, I haven't been around here much lately. They went up on ebay shortly after posting them here since no one bit. Strangely enough I sold them to someone down under. Not that it matters much now, but it cost ~$20 to ship. ;)

TZ