strat for sale should i buy?

Do you have GAS? Do you need to sell your old Strat for a new Les Paul? Post your WTB and NTS requests here, along with your contact information. These posts will be locked after one week, and deleted after one month.
guitarmonkey90

strat for sale should i buy?

Post by guitarmonkey90 » January 5th, 2007, 11:14 am

hi all nick here a.k.a guitarmonkey90 im on a tokai strat at the monent but have been offered a american fender strat for £300 can anyone tell me if you think its worth buying? its in good condition i think its about 1984-1987 its serial codes on a E followed by 6 digits seems ok to me but could do with a second opinion please help thank you all
"thats alright baby i still got ma guitar"

ColoradoFenderBender
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by ColoradoFenderBender » January 5th, 2007, 11:48 am

Don't know what the exchange rate is exactly, but in general, a decent condition used Strat will sell for around $500-700 US. But that is the going rate here in the USA. I think prices for Strats are more expensive in the UK. Pictures will help, if you have any.

duffmaster

Post by duffmaster » January 5th, 2007, 3:01 pm

1 British pound = 1.9469 U.S. dollar

300 pounds is $584.07
Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

Rodders
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by Rodders » January 8th, 2007, 8:11 am

Sounds like an OK deal to me, as mostly a second hand Strat ( USA ) will go for around £450 -£500. If you get the chance before buying check that all the pots work as they should with no electrical crackles when you turn the knobs and have a good look over the neck ( for straightness)
Although the Tokai Strat is a good tool you will find better quality hardware on an American Fender Pickups included.