Custom Fender Strat for sale... $225 or BO

Do you have GAS? Do you need to sell your old Strat for a new Les Paul? Post your WTB and NTS requests here, along with your contact information. These posts will be locked after one week, and deleted after one month.
The Dali
Guitarnoise Denizen

Custom Fender Strat for sale... $225 or BO

Post by The Dali » November 28th, 2006, 9:39 am

ok... need to free up some cash! For sale is my main practice guitar. It is a Fender Strat made in Korea. It strarted life out as a Squier Series Made in Korea sunburst guitar that I heavily customized. One of the greatest parts about this guitar is that the neck and body are thinner than usual strats - which makes it great for barre chords or anyone with smaller hands. It has full scale, just thinner.

Anyway... I stripped the body and painted it vintage white, with 25 coats of clear lacquer applied. The fretboardfis in great shape, and has been upgraded to abalone dot inlays instead of the white plastic. The back of the neck has some small dings and scratched - as you would expect from a practice guitar. No issues with frets.

The headstock was sanded down and a Fender Stratocaster waterslide logo was applied and finished with lacquer.

The guitar comes with Sperzel locking tuners and fully upgraded electronics. The two single coils are GFS overwound pickups, and the bridge humbucker is a made in USA late 1970's Bill Lawrence L-510. Switching is set up with coil splits for the humbucker.

The wiring also features the TBX tone control and a USA tortoise-shell pickguard (only 4 screws fit since the pickguard is for a USA strat, not a Korean strat).

Ok, enough talk... here are the pictures.

ok, email me / PM with any questions. I'm asking $225 for this plus shipping, but feel free to make an offer. It really REALLY plays smooth. This may not be available for long, as my guitar instructor has inquired about buying it (he asked if he could buy it when I showed it to him for the first time a year ago...!)

This is a chance to get a fully custom strat with locking tuners and upgraded pups for the same price as a stock Squier. Thanks!
-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

The Dali
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by The Dali » November 29th, 2006, 8:03 am

FYI - just posted it to eBay. If anyone is interested, let me know. I reserve the right to shut down the auction if someone here wants first crack.

Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0055021717
-=- Steve

The Dali
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by The Dali » December 4th, 2006, 12:41 pm

Just a bump.

This puppy really plays amazingly well. Half of me hopes it doesn't sell. If it doesn't I'll have to weigh selling my Hamer Standard.

4 days left to the auction.

Thanks.
-=- Steve

The Dali
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by The Dali » December 5th, 2006, 5:14 pm

Hi everyone. This is now sold. My guitar instructor bought it!! So, now I can still play it from time to time! Thanks, steve
-=- Steve