Pink Floyd 2

Are you looking for someone to jam? Do you have AIM or MSN or YIM? Would you like to collaborate online? Are you just looking for something to do with the microphone attached to your PC? Post here.
LuvGilmour

Post by LuvGilmour » January 19th, 2006, 8:37 am

I downloaded the needed software and started playing around with it... Pretty cool stuff.

somkindog - Since I do not have much time to devote to this durring the week, my plan is to have something by this coming weekend. I'll update you then...

Lee N

Post by Lee N » January 19th, 2006, 4:53 pm

Vic Lewis wrote:darn. going to have to pass this one up - broke my arm - be a few weks before I'll be able to pick up a guitar again,,,

NOT A HAPPY BUNNY......

:( :( :(

Vic
Sorry to hear that Vic :(

A musicians worst nightmare!

A few weeks without playing is bad news but if it makes you feel any better... a friend of mine cut his finger on a piece of glass and severed a nerve, he has just picked up the guitar recently for the first time in over a year.

Lee

PS.. been a bit busy the last few days but should get a chance to do my guitar part either tommorow or the weekend.

Bish
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Bish » January 19th, 2006, 8:03 pm

Vic Lewis wrote:darn. going to have to pass this one up - broke my arm - be a few weks before I'll be able to pick up a guitar again,,,

NOT A HAPPY BUNNY......

:( :( :(

Vic

Sorry for you, Vic. Hope you are feeling better soon. Go stare at your guitars. You'll heal faster.
Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

LuvGilmour

Post by LuvGilmour » January 21st, 2006, 8:24 am

somkindog, do you want one mp3 of just our stuff with no background track, or do you want two different versions as the sticky thread indicates? How do you want it? Do you want any particular sample rate or quality?

PS - finally got home from work yesterday, did my work at home, then got the kids to bed... Went down to the basement and started recording my jam and my oldest son came down twice, then the wife came down. - too noisy!!! Needless to say the jamming stopped. They'll be wearing ear plugs tonight...

Bish
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Bish » January 21st, 2006, 9:56 am

LuvGilmour wrote:somkindog, do you want one mp3 of just our stuff with no background track, or do you want two different versions as the sticky thread indicates? How do you want it? Do you want any particular sample rate or quality?

Try this...
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=18870
Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » January 22nd, 2006, 5:06 am

LuvGilmour wrote:somkindog, do you want one mp3 of just our stuff with no background track, or do you want two different versions as the sticky thread indicates? How do you want it? Do you want any particular sample rate or quality?

PS - finally got home from work yesterday, did my work at home, then got the kids to bed... Went down to the basement and started recording my jam and my oldest son came down twice, then the wife came down. - too noisy!!! Needless to say the jamming stopped. They'll be wearing ear plugs tonight...
What I need is a lo-fi mp3 with the background and your part for reference, this can be 48 kbs if you like. Also I need a mp3 of JUST your part with a few seconds of the beginning of the track( usually this will be a few drum clicks) Send that one at 128 kps. It is important that you don't shorten this. you should end up with a mp3 file the exact length of the backing track. You should hear the first few seconds of the track and then silence( unless your part is first :wink: then your part( with NO background, just your guitar) and then more silence( unless of course you have the last part)

LuvGilmour

Post by LuvGilmour » January 22nd, 2006, 7:04 pm

I just emailed you smokindog... My part is done. Could have kept going, but kinda ran out of time... Can't wait to hear it all together...

LuvGilmour

Post by LuvGilmour » January 25th, 2006, 6:59 pm

No rush, but I'm getting antsy... Really want to hear this thing as a whole... :lol: :lol: :lol:

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » January 25th, 2006, 7:55 pm

It will be some time next week or the week after, got a lot of projects going right now :wink: Got your part, should sound good in the mix :D --the dog

LuvGilmour

Post by LuvGilmour » January 25th, 2006, 8:20 pm

can't wait... Thanks.

Celt
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Celt » January 28th, 2006, 7:58 am

In honor of our fallen soldier Vic I put
new strings on my Strat and recorded
and sent my part this morning.

It's a privilege to have been able
sit in for Mr. Lewis.

Get Well Soon Buddy ( or should I say Mate? )

John
My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » January 28th, 2006, 8:20 am

Great job John 8) 8) 8) I will do some editing over the weekend and should get it posted by Monday or Tuesday at the latest--the dog

Celt
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Celt » January 28th, 2006, 8:50 am

LuvGilmour wrote:can't wait... Thanks.
Yea what he said.......................
My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

LuvGilmour

Post by LuvGilmour » January 28th, 2006, 9:14 am

Remember - I'm a beginner so don't get your hopes up too much... But, I did have fun!!!

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » January 31st, 2006, 1:51 pm