Lets slow it down a bit

Are you looking for someone to jam? Do you have AIM or MSN or YIM? Would you like to collaborate online? Are you just looking for something to do with the microphone attached to your PC? Post here.
yoyo286
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by yoyo286 » July 7th, 2005, 8:48 am

Shibby wrote:YoYo I can move it to where you said to put it but it will sound pretty funky and off beat because these things need to be lined up exactly. If thats fine with you its fine with me. I'll do my best to line it up as close as I can. For future jams though I always find by following nroberts tutorial on guitars101.com to be the easiest way to record these things. I can send you a link if you can't find it.

Anyway... things are looking good. Keep up the great jamming guys!

Shibby
Aww... bummer... :? Oh well, my parts not that good anyway..
Stairway to Freebird!

teleplayer324
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by teleplayer324 » July 7th, 2005, 10:51 am

Hi guys,
Afraid I'm gonna have to drop out. Strained the tendon in my left wrist gonna be at least a week or so before I can play.
Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

Taso
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Taso » July 7th, 2005, 12:01 pm

Hue, you definitly have a curse, this proves it.

yoyo286
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by yoyo286 » July 7th, 2005, 1:22 pm

teleplayer324 wrote:Hi guys,
Afraid I'm gonna have to drop out. Strained the tendon in my left wrist gonna be at least a week or so before I can play.
Oh man, I'm sorry bro. :( I'm gonna have to agree with Taso on this one now...

Speaking of Taso, why don't you fill in for him? 8)
Stairway to Freebird!

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » July 8th, 2005, 9:50 pm

So what do we need to finish this jam? maybe we can put the word out if we need another player? Don't worry Hue, third times a charm :lol:
Teleplayer, take care of that tendon, if you strain it to much it can cause lots of problems so give it a good rest!! hope you are ok. --the dog

Taso
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Taso » July 10th, 2005, 10:12 am

I can fill in for teleplayer. I've never done one of these things before, where can I get a look at that tutorial thing someone wrote?

Edit* I found the tutorial. However, I don't have headphones, so the file that I'm supposed to send with JUST my playing on it, and not the backing track, you can hear the backing track too. Will that be a problem? If so, you'll need to find someone else, and you have my apologies.

If not, (just to be sure here) I am to send that version (the one that is SUPPOSED to have just my playing on it, but also has a faded out version of the backing track) and another version with the backing track and my playing, correcet?

Thanks, sorry for the inexperience.

Taso

nroberts

Post by nroberts » July 10th, 2005, 11:20 am

Taso wrote:I can fill in for teleplayer. I've never done one of these things before, where can I get a look at that tutorial thing someone wrote?

Edit* I found the tutorial. However, I don't have headphones, so the file that I'm supposed to send with JUST my playing on it, and not the backing track, you can hear the backing track too. Will that be a problem? If so, you'll need to find someone else, and you have my apologies.

If not, (just to be sure here) I am to send that version (the one that is SUPPOSED to have just my playing on it, but also has a faded out version of the backing track) and another version with the backing track and my playing, correcet?
Well, it isn't like they are trying to make a record mix. How bad is the bleedover? If it is significantly lower than the level of your playing it may not even be noticable in the final mix even if it is off a bit.

Taso
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Taso » July 10th, 2005, 11:25 am

It isn't that much lower. However, I'm not really sure I see where the problem would be. It's the same music as the backing track, so no one would be able to tell it was there. No?

gnease
Musically Insane

Post by gnease » July 11th, 2005, 6:16 am

While it might work with little noticable impairment to the backing track, if the backing track is relatively high in your part, it will more likely screw something up -- especially if the backing track contains wideband frequency content (lots of lows, mids and highs). So the backing track bleedthrough should be kept significantly lower in level than your playing. If it is not, there is the possibility that the backing track bleed in your mix will interact with the desired backing track in a manner that causes certain frequency bands to reinforce and others to cancel (subtract). This is because the phase (versus frequency) characterictics of your playback/recording system will not likely match the phase characteristics of the original track.

Taso
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Taso » July 11th, 2005, 7:30 am

Hmm. So maybe I should just send it to Shibby, and he can let me know if it works or not. How do I send it to you Shibby? I don't see an email address or anything.

Shibby

Post by Shibby » July 11th, 2005, 7:59 am

shadychar

Post by shadychar » July 11th, 2005, 8:13 am

I recorded one shibby, do you mind if I send it in?

Taso
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Taso » July 11th, 2005, 8:13 am

Email sent, good luck.

Shift

Post by Shift » July 12th, 2005, 5:04 pm

Looking forward to hearing it.

Taso, I'm sure you and Shibby can work something out. Maybe sending him the whole track, with your guitar lead, and Shibby mixing everyone elses solo to that track.

Shibby

Post by Shibby » July 13th, 2005, 7:23 am

Sorry its taking so long for the mix guys real busy this week. But I will be able to get to it thursday. So expect something thursday night

Shadychar, sorry man all the spots have already been filled.

Taso Im sure I can work with whatever you sent so don't worry.

Shibby