Linux Users?

Are you looking for someone to jam? Do you have AIM or MSN or YIM? Would you like to collaborate online? Are you just looking for something to do with the microphone attached to your PC? Post here.
nroberts

Linux Users?

Post by nroberts » May 23rd, 2005, 8:16 am

There is a system for Linux that I want to test out. I need other users to do this. It is called Session Exchange and it allows the seamless transfer of Ardour sessions (Ardour is the Cakewalk/Pro-Tools of Linux) across a network like the Internet. I would really like to try this thing out and see how well it works. It is pretty new tech so may be a bit cumbersom, but should be cool.

Shibby

Post by Shibby » May 23rd, 2005, 11:14 am

I might be able to help you out in a few weeks. Im am looking at getting a desktop real cheap like and slap some upgrades in it. If I do I was going to install linux on either my desktop or my laptop I have know. But it will be a few weeks before I get it. Is Ardour free?

Shibby

nroberts

Post by nroberts » May 23rd, 2005, 12:32 pm

Shibby wrote:I might be able to help you out in a few weeks. Im am looking at getting a desktop real cheap like and slap some upgrades in it. If I do I was going to install linux on either my desktop or my laptop I have know. But it will be a few weeks before I get it. Is Ardour free?

Shibby
Yeah, ardour and everything it depends on is free.