Slow Blues Jam in A

Are you looking for someone to jam? Do you have AIM or MSN or YIM? Would you like to collaborate online? Are you just looking for something to do with the microphone attached to your PC? Post here.
smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » May 11th, 2005, 9:35 am

Hey noah, i loved your use of chords at the end of each 12 bar section. 8) :D I mixed the drums and bass on the midi file befor i recorded it on audacity. so the drums ended up to loud, there was no easy way to fix it after I got to the final mixing stage :oops: I will try to avoid that pit fall next time :D :wink: --the dog

nroberts

Post by nroberts » May 11th, 2005, 9:47 am

smokindog wrote:Hey noah, i loved your use of chords at the end of each 12 bar section. 8) :D I mixed the drums and bass on the midi file befor i recorded it on audacity. so the drums ended up to loud, there was no easy way to fix it after I got to the final mixing stage :oops: I will try to avoid that pit fall next time :D :wink: --the dog
I have never messed with midi files. There are a couple tutorials on guitars101 for working with them using software on Windows computers. How did you go about it? Did you put each instrument in its own track? Is that possible?

It is always best to get as many seperate tracks as possible so everything can be edited and mixed on its own. Usually, when recording a real set, the drums are even individually miced and put in their own track along with a couple overheads to pick up cymbols. That way EQ, levels, muting, etc, can all be set for each individual drum to get the best bang out of a take. I have never done it mind you, I just read about this stuff so far.

teleplayer324
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by teleplayer324 » May 11th, 2005, 9:58 am

I was trying for a bit more jazzy feel than a standard pentatonic blues. Don't think I quite got what I was after but it is a great learning tool. Can't wait for the next one
Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

Shibby

Post by Shibby » May 11th, 2005, 10:35 am

Great job everyone. That lap steel really adds to the track. Its a nice touch

Shibby

Shift

Post by Shift » May 14th, 2005, 11:45 pm

Wow, this was really well done guys. I'm gonna have to step it up next time, I do one of these to keep up with you guys:)

Excellent work.