NEW OPEN JAM

Are you looking for someone to jam? Do you have AIM or MSN or YIM? Would you like to collaborate online? Are you just looking for something to do with the microphone attached to your PC? Post here.
GuitarAlex

Post by GuitarAlex » May 1st, 2005, 5:04 am

All the parts are in. It's ready

Ok, here's the link: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/duluozmusic.htm

Shift

Post by Shift » May 2nd, 2005, 6:18 pm

Alex,thanks for your work on this. Great backing track. Sounds great, the mix seems good to me. I would have liked to see a 128 kbps final product though.

I love SmokinDog's tone and sense of style. Do you use a mic to record or direct?

Shibby, you made a nice improvement in this one, much better sense of the rythum and flow. Cool man.

Mine, well, I kinda fell out of sync, with the tune. Not Alex's mixing fault, my playing wasn't in sync.

Alex, I dig your funky Wah track.

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » May 2nd, 2005, 8:33 pm

Thanks shift :D I used a behringer GMX 212 amp and went both direct using my tascam 424 mk2 as a mixer AND a shure sm57 mic, then into the PC ( Soundblaster live) I also have a Fender Princeton Chorus i mic sometimes that i like a lot, depending what sound i want.--

Good job guys-sounds great!!! hope we have a lot more of these :D :D
I will host one soon. I just have to figure out this software :lol: I'm new to this digital stuff, I'm still stuck in the 80's (4-track cassette) :lol: :lol:. This audacity is pretty cool for freeware! I'm working on some jamtracks to use. I will post them soon.

teleplayer324
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by teleplayer324 » May 3rd, 2005, 5:31 am

Okay, I give. What is audacity? I must still be stuck in the 70's cause I never even heard of it.
Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

Shibby

Post by Shibby » May 3rd, 2005, 6:02 am

Go here http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ . It is a free audio recorder. And it is pretty good for being free.

Thanks for the encouragement Shift! I have been trying to play this lead stuff for about 3 months now. It has been going ok but not great. I think that I have to concentrate on my scale patterns too much to really let go and play with emotion. Hopefully once I get them down where I don't have to think I can really start to play. Good to know that an improvement was made.

All the other parts sounded great. Makes me want to skip my part while im showing it to others hehe. Great Job everyone!!

Shibby.

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » May 3rd, 2005, 6:54 am

Hey shibby, your part was just fine!!! keep on playing and jamin, It will come 8) 8) This is the best way to learn. also, find as many BTs as you can find and just jam!!!! BECOME THE GUITAR!!!! try http://WWW.midi-tab.com some good midi files (drums and bass only)

Hey shift, audacity has a page that has some instruction/tutorials on them. I just started to record with this a few months ago,its pretty cool 8) 8) 8) and the price is right.

the dog

GuitarAlex

Post by GuitarAlex » May 3rd, 2005, 8:23 am

You guys were all great!

Shift and Dog, I couldn't decide whose tone I loved more. Shibby, you rocked, don't be hard on yourself. It takes practice, and I am in the same boat you're in.

As far as myself, you have to forgive the tone----it's a X V-amp, into a 10 watt crate $40 practice amp, into the computer.

Can't wait to do this again. Jammin, even though not live, really shows you where you need to improve, etc., I am sure you will agree.

Thanks for everybody's patience and support.

"The blues is No.1, ladies and gentlemen." Jon Spencer

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » May 3rd, 2005, 10:52 am

Peter Townsend of the Who used a fender princton reverb turned up to ten to record in the studio back in the 1960's ( it was a small cheap practice amp fender made in the 1960's, I used to have one :lol: ) no other efects used at all!!! " Summer Time Blues" by the Who was recorded that way.--great sound. 8) 8) 8) -you don't need a lot of gizmo's and pedals and stuff to get a good sound. Ted Nugent almost always pluged directly into his amp, he got some mighty good tone!!!---the dog

GuitarAlex

Post by GuitarAlex » May 3rd, 2005, 1:45 pm

Good times. On to the next one.

(I thought Fender Princeton Reverb was a 65W amp.)