NEW OPEN JAM

Are you looking for someone to jam? Do you have AIM or MSN or YIM? Would you like to collaborate online? Are you just looking for something to do with the microphone attached to your PC? Post here.
GuitarAlex

NEW OPEN JAM

Post by GuitarAlex » April 24th, 2005, 8:42 am

OK, I am moving the jam to this new thread, from the BAND IN A BOX thread. So a lot of what you see here is copy/pasted from that thread.

the link to the backing track is here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/duluozmusic.htm

You might not be able to download it until tomorrow -- apparently soundclick has some kind of a clearing period for new uploads.

The track was created by the BAND IN A BOX PROGRAM. If you want to know what it is, look in the respective thread.

I had Band in a Box generate a title for it (another function, useless but fun), and it is "Unexpected Revenge." It's a 12 bar minor blues progression, with a (VI)m at second bar. There's room for either 8 or 4 parts (i.e. one progression per part, or two). One's too short, so it's two progressions per person, so each part is approximately 50 seconds.

Again..........

Part I: Open
Part II: Open
Part III: Open
Part IV: Open

Also..... for newbies like myself, I post the actual chords of the backing track:

Fm---Bbm---Fm----|-----|
Bbm----|----Fm----|-----|
Db7---C7----Fm----|-----|

This should make sense to everyone, i think.
Last edited by GuitarAlex on April 24th, 2005, 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

GuitarAlex

Post by GuitarAlex » April 24th, 2005, 8:43 am

BTW, is there a way to change your name on GN? I've realised that my name sounds like I am an Ape named Chen....which I am not. I am a human named Alex.

Shibby

Post by Shibby » April 25th, 2005, 5:34 am

The track still hasn't cleared at soundclick but I will take part #2 if no one objects.

GuitarAlex

Post by GuitarAlex » April 25th, 2005, 6:52 am

Thanks. Yeah, the clearing thing is annoying. I don't know what's up with that.

I'll take the last one, so there are two more open.

Part 1: Open
Part 2: Shibby
Part 3: Open
Part 4: Me

Nick
Administrator

Post by Nick » April 25th, 2005, 7:01 am

apechen,

You picked this key because....? :D
Click below for all my guitarnoise articles and reviews

http://www.guitarnoise.com/author/nicktorres/

My songs (Some not suitable for minors)

http://www.soundclick.com/nfshakespeare

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » April 25th, 2005, 10:12 am

I would like a crack at the first spot :D :D Do you want this sent like the other jam we did with nroberts :?: (one lo-fi with every thing and one at 128 kb with just the first second or two and the solo only )-the dog

where do i sent it to?

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » April 25th, 2005, 12:23 pm

Hey apechen, thats kinda nice. It has a minnie the moocher vibe to it, I keep looking around the corner for Cab Calloway and Jake and Elwood to pop up :lol: :lol: I think the times break down (more or less) as follows

1) 0-55 smokindog
2) 55-148 shibby
3) 148-241 open
4) 241-end apechen

this is just for reference, please correct me if I'm way off :wink:

The key works for me, I used to jam with a keyboard player who loved to play in F and Fm. John lee hooker liked that key also. You can get some nice tone playing around that part of the neck 8) 8) --the dog

GuitarAlex

Post by GuitarAlex » April 25th, 2005, 12:25 pm

apechen,

You picked this key because....? Very Happy
I have no problem transposing this to another key, if everyone would prefer. Band in a Box will do that automatically. Let me know if this is a problem.

I would like a crack at the first spot Very Happy Very Happy Do you want this sent like the other jam we did with nroberts Question (one lo-fi with every thing and one at 128 kb with just the first second or two and the solo only )-the dog

where do i sent it to?
Thatt sounds great. I am honored to have THE Smoking Dog here. The nroberts format seems the most practicable. My email is apechenik@gmail.com. IF ANYONE WANTS A GMAIL INVITE LET ME KNOW WHERE TO SEND IT. I HAVE 50 FREE.

The current lineup:

Part 1: EL PERRO QUE FUMA
Part 2: Shibby
Part 3: Open
Part 4: Me

I would like to know if everyone is satisfied with the BT. If not, it can be quickly changed. There should not be a waiting period for another track at soundclick, as Nroberts kindly took the time to inform me.

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » April 25th, 2005, 2:56 pm

I think the BT is realy cool 8) as far as the key, thats fine with me, Its good to jam in keys like Fm, you never know when you may need to pull something like that out of your hat at a gig or jam session.looking forward to hearing this one--the dog (el perro que fuma) :lol: :lol:

GuitarAlex

Post by GuitarAlex » April 25th, 2005, 5:58 pm

1) 0-55 smokindog
2) 55-148 shibby
3) 148-241 open
4) 241-end apechen
Unless someone signs up for the third slot soon, maybe we should just do a three part one. I hope someone signs up though.

GuitarAlex

Post by GuitarAlex » April 25th, 2005, 6:05 pm

It has a minnie the moocher vibe to it, I keep looking around the corner for Cab Calloway and Jake and Elwood
Dog, who are these people?

Shift

Post by Shift » April 25th, 2005, 6:13 pm

This seems like a good excuse for me to learn a new key. I'll do the 3rd spot. If ya don't mind.

I like the backing track, and had fun playing on Shibby's jam. So I'll give this a go.

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » April 25th, 2005, 6:23 pm

Minie the Moocher was a big band blues song done back in the 1930's by Cab Calloway ( he was a black, big band leader and singer). he had a part in the blues brothers movie( the first one) Jake and Elwood blues were the stars of that movie. If you have not seen this movie go Directly to your nearest vidio store and get it NOW or get it of the internet( ebay?)
this is a must see classic!!! There is a blues brother 2000 movie that is good also, but get the origional first. Cab sings minie the moocher in the movie.

give it some time, some one will take the 4th part --the dog

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » April 25th, 2005, 6:27 pm

We got our 4th player 8) -the dog

nroberts

Post by nroberts » April 25th, 2005, 6:29 pm

apechen wrote:BTW, is there a way to change your name on GN? I've realised that my name sounds like I am an Ape named Chen....which I am not. I am a human named Alex.
I'm not buyin' it.