Jam Tracks Galour

Are you looking for someone to jam? Do you have AIM or MSN or YIM? Would you like to collaborate online? Are you just looking for something to do with the microphone attached to your PC? Post here.
nroberts

Jam Tracks Galour

Post by nroberts » February 1st, 2005, 10:08 pm

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=76

You have to be a member; it's free. poop loads of really good tracks.

Shibby

Post by Shibby » February 17th, 2005, 7:03 pm

I cant ever download any tracks. It always says that I have exceeded my download limit but I havent downloaded anything. What am I doing wrong?

nroberts

Post by nroberts » February 17th, 2005, 9:41 pm

Shibby wrote:I cant ever download any tracks. It always says that I have exceeded my download limit but I havent downloaded anything. What am I doing wrong?
They locked us all out. They are very touchy about the subject too. You can see the flame war in all its bright glory at the bottom of the main forum index in site news. I would stay out of it if I were you; I didn't and I regret it.

Me and smokindog have both released jam tracks for people to play with:

http://www.soundclick.com/noahroberts/
http://www.soundclick.com/dogscratch/

They are blues oriented. We could use others...maybe kyle would release the one he sent me in mp3 onto soundclick or something.

If you want tracks that are in the other forum you might try contacting the author directly through PM. You you can get involved with the track swapping me and smokindog have tried to get going.

And yes dog, I am going to do something with your tracks. I was about to record a take one day and busted my strings. I did get some piano work in...but it was kind of poop in my opinion. Maybe I will post it anyway though if I decide there is one worth even bothering with.

I am planning on setting up a site that will start with track and song swapping in mind. Originals only. But right now it is just a plan to plan.

lord_ariez

Post by lord_ariez » February 18th, 2005, 1:12 am

It's good to see that you are doing this nroberts.... I had always heard of a site called jamcenter.com but I never got to go here.. I know there's a couple on http://www.worldguitar.com click enter and go to JAM....

They are pretty good to play with but nothing really special. Keep up the good work man!!
'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at lord_ariez@hotmail.com..... no icq anymore

Ignar Hillström
Musically Insane

Post by Ignar Hillström » February 18th, 2005, 2:31 am

http://www.guitarbt.com, you have to register but then you have a whole bunch of GOOD tracks. Some jacmtracks and some backings to existing songs.
Click here for FREE, limited one-time only offer!

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » February 18th, 2005, 6:53 am

Hey noah, I just read part of that guitars 101 thread :lol: and my head hurts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I will stick with GN, the folks here are much nicer!
--the dog

nroberts

Post by nroberts » February 18th, 2005, 8:56 am

smokindog wrote:Hey noah, I just read part of that guitars 101 thread :lol: and my head hurts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I will stick with GN, the folks here are much nicer!
--the dog
It's funny how many people got into my ignore list there. Unfortunately you can't ignore the moderators :P When I asked about this they are like, "Why would you want to do that?" :roll:

I think we are nicer here also. But not all the guitars101 people are jerks. At least one person there is pretty cool.

nroberts

Post by nroberts » February 19th, 2005, 10:50 am

nroberts wrote: I think we are nicer here also. But not all the guitars101 people are jerks. At least one person there is pretty cool.
Actually in hanging out at that forum for a while there is a lot of decent people there. Just plonk the jerkoffs when you run into them. There is a lot to learn from and good people to interact with. Of course there is all that here too...

GuitarAlex

Post by GuitarAlex » May 10th, 2005, 5:54 am

nroberts wrote: You you can get involved with the track swapping me and smokindog have tried to get going.
I'd like to. How?

nroberts

Post by nroberts » May 10th, 2005, 8:34 am

GuitarAlex wrote:
nroberts wrote: You you can get involved with the track swapping me and smokindog have tried to get going.
I'd like to. How?
Just make a backing track and put it somewhere for dl and post about it in this forum.