Repair - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC257

Need to know how to setup your guitar? How do you lower your action? How do you get rid of the Milli Vanilli stickers? Look here first.
MusicianDavid

Repair - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC257

Post by MusicianDavid » April 6th, 2019, 10:01 am

Dear Guitar Noise,

This guitar was gifted to me six years ago. I played it little before I realized it could not keep a tune. The person who graciously gifted we this ovation lived in Oklahoma and I am assuming the heat deteriorated the glue or messed with string tension.

There are two repairs that need to be made. Guitar Center quoted me almost the price of the guitar and suggested I buy a new one. I am not flowing in cash but can see paying for one of the two repairs. I have not used glue on an instrument before, however, I have maintained and replaced components in my baby grand piano.

1.) The bridge is broken, but the crack does not reach to the faceplate. So a straight forward fix I assume; except I have to find a new bridge.

2.) The neck and faceplate are detached from the Shell/backplate about two inches out from the neck on each side. The neck is still attached to the faceplate firmly with no give. After looking at the inside I think the previous owner may have attempted a repair with gorilla glue. I do not know what glue to use, but my basic plan of action is to; remove the neck completely, reglue faceplate, then reglue neck to guitar.

Please give me guidance, I have never repaired a guitar before. I plan on buying special clamps (curved back) and different glues. Again, I don't want to test my luck and do both repairs on my own, so I will eventually have a professional do one of the repairs. Thank you for your guidance in advance.

David

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Image 7