Guitar strings sound buzzy after I accidentally messed with the neck; how to fix?

Need to know how to setup your guitar? How do you lower your action? How do you get rid of the Milli Vanilli stickers? Look here first.
beginnerelectric

Guitar strings sound buzzy after I accidentally messed with the neck; how to fix?

Post by beginnerelectric » February 10th, 2018, 9:27 pm

Without putting in too many details to bore the heck out of you guys, I will just ask my question this way!

I have never had an electric guitar before, and just recently got one. Not knowing how to do setup or things like that, and not using my brain, I ended up unscrewing the screws that hold the neck in place, the neck pulled forward toward the guitar, and then I tightened the screws and got the neck back into place.

Here's the problem I have now: the strings at certain frets higher up the neck towards the body of the guitar have a clanging buzz to them whenever I pluck them, at the beginning right after each pluck. I am pretty sure this is because the strings were loosened suddenly and then forced back into stretching, after I loosened the neck.

So my question is: have I irreparably screwed up the strings by doing that and have to replace them? Or can get them back to sounding normal again by doing a little bit of setup or adjustments?