Taylor 110e Neck Joint

Need to know how to setup your guitar? How do you lower your action? How do you get rid of the Milli Vanilli stickers? Look here first.
sherloc987

Taylor 110e Neck Joint

Post by sherloc987 » December 6th, 2018, 3:41 am

I purchased a 110e from Guitar Center a couple of months ago, and the action was a little high. I was waiting for the humidity to drop to address the problem. Humidy in my house has been 45% for the past 30 days. (Central humidifier) I checked the action today and it was .140 low E, and .110 high e.

I usually do my own setups, but since it was under warranty I thought I’d bring it to the closest authorized Taylor Service Center. I thought maybe they would want to change the neck shims. I checked their website and saw that the closest one was the same Guitar Center I bought it from.

I brought it in to them, and the tech agreed that the action was high. He said the saddle would have to be shaved. I told him as politely as posible that I didn’t want the saddle shaved, and then the tech asked what I wanted. I asked him if he could change the neck shims, and he looked at me like I was from mars. He said that the 110e has a dovetail neck joint that was glued in.

I had just assumed it was an NT neck joint. I glanced in the soundhole to see if there were any bolts, but I didn’t see any. It's covered by some type of label. They were pretty busy, and I didn't want to make a scene. Plus, I thought, do I really want this guy doing the repair if he doesn’t know what’s going on.

I was going to call Taylor Customer Service, but they are closed on Saturday. So here I am, appealing to those of you that know more about this than me. Does the Taylor 110e have an NT neck joint?