Recording engineering discussions and questions. Also a great place to discuss software, plugins, and computer based recording/arranging.

Post by zero981 » November 11th, 2003, 9:53 am

Does anyone have a Digitech GNX3. I'm thinking about getting one and I was wondering if it is worth it or if there is something better for around the same price. Im looking for an effects procceser with the capability of recording. Im new to recording and was wondering if this would be good to start. Is it capable of recording right out of the box or do i have to buy somthing else. Thanks for your help.

Re: GNX3

Post by tishidad » November 28th, 2003, 9:45 pm

I have the Digitech Rpx400 which is a great all in one box for effects and recording through the PC. It comes with multitrack software and also has XLR mic input/pre amp as well.

Guitarnoise Addict

Re: GNX3

Post by forrok_star » November 29th, 2003, 1:34 am

I was thinking getting one for my daughter for Christmas. it has the built-in drum machine and bass amp modeler, along with a built-in 8-track recorder. so it can only be used for overdubbing certain parts.

The recording space is quite small without the use Smart-Media. It comes with only 16 megabytes of internal memory, that's 1.5 minutes of two tracks, or 45 seconds of four tracks, or 22 seconds of 8 tracks.

Which means you'll need to add this to increase recording time. Recording memory expandable using rear-panel Smart-Media card slot. The Smart-media card for up to 128 MB of memory, which give you 12 minutes at two tracks, six minutes at four tracks, and three minutes at eight tracks. If Digitech would have thought about using compact flash memory which is available in 512 MB would have been great.

The Learn-a-Lick feature is pretty slick, you can slow a riff or lick and it'll keep the pitch stable, so you can learn it.

Still thinking on it.