Welcome to the forums!

Plug in guitar to PC then to amp

Recording engineering discussions and questions. Also a great place to discuss software, plugins, and computer based recording/arranging.

Moderators: Nick, The GN support team

Postby guitarnoise3000 » August 28th, 2003, 6:35 pm

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about starting to record my guitar playing on the PC (using guitar fx) also, but i was wondering...is there anyway i can connect your guitar to the PC then to the amp so your can hear the guitar fx from your comp to the amp? If anyone knows...Thank you  :)
User avatar
Posts: 1
Joined: August 28th, 2003, 6:24 pm

Postby greybeard » August 29th, 2003, 2:05 am

is there anyway i can connect your guitar to the PC

..............not without a very long cable.

If I understand you correctly, you want the guitar to input to the pc and the pc to output to an amp. What you need is to connect the line out from the pc sound card to the amp input, which means a converter cable (mini jack to 1/4" jack).
I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN
User avatar
Guitari Lama
Posts: 7946
Joined: February 19th, 2003, 8:07 am
Location: Beervaria

Postby Ignar Hillström » September 17th, 2003, 5:18 am

Well, with my amp standing right next to the pc, a cable of 70cm is more then enough. Just put the guitar in the line-in of your pc, and place a cable between the amp-input and pc-line-out.
Click here for FREE, limited one-time only offer!
User avatar
Ignar Hillström
Musically Insane
Posts: 6587
Joined: July 22nd, 2003, 4:19 pm
Location: Detroit, Sweden