A Question For anyone using Cakewalk

Recording engineering discussions and questions. Also a great place to discuss software, plugins, and computer based recording/arranging.
Rob

Re: A Question For anyone using Cakewalk

Post by Rob » August 26th, 2003, 3:42 am

if you're recording using a microphone, and at the same time that you are recording have the other track playing from speakers, the microphone could be picking up the sound from the speakers and causeing the bleed.

if that is the case then you could either mute all the other tracks whilst you are recording or use headphones instead of speakers.

i cant think of any way a computer program would internally bleed between tracks its all 1's and 0's afterall.

i only use a freebee version - plasma express, so i guess there could be some funny option or other in your more advanced version that u can turn on to allow bleed, though i doubt it, if there is it would probably be documented in the help file.

hope that helps

rob

Rob

Post by Rob » August 26th, 2003, 9:59 am

an easier way than moving all you equipment around (if you have an electric guitar would be to plug your guitar into you sound card, eliminating the microphone, if you still get bleed then its not the microphone and headphones causing the problem.

good luck
rob:)

Nick
Administrator

Post by Nick » August 27th, 2003, 5:18 am

I do believe what the problem is, is you have the source set to "what you hear"  open up the creative labs mixer and set the source to "mic".

Nick
Click below for all my guitarnoise articles and reviews

http://www.guitarnoise.com/author/nicktorres/

My songs (Some not suitable for minors)

http://www.soundclick.com/nfshakespeare

Rob

Post by Rob » August 27th, 2003, 7:39 am

oo i never knew that was there, i went and had a look, now i know why everything i recorded was so quiet, the mic slider was set too low, thanks nick :)