Welcome to the forums!

pitch shifted delay double tracking Eventide

Recording engineering discussions and questions. Also a great place to discuss software, plugins, and computer based recording/arranging.

Moderators: Nick, The GN support team

Postby walters » May 24th, 2005, 6:37 pm

How do i do pitch shifted delay to get double tracking?

The Boss PS-3 Pitch shifter Delay does alittle bit of double tracking
effect with stereo outputs

To Get Real Double tracking i need to do pitch shifted Delay how
do i get this?

How do i get double tracking effects?

ADT double tracking delaying?

The Eventide flanger used in the 70's was to produce double tracking
effects how did they use this eventide to get double tracking effects
for vocals and overdubbing double trackings?
walters

Postby TLTD » February 26th, 2011, 6:38 pm

I want to know too, I use a ptchfactor and I'm sure it can do it...I have been reamping then changing the pitch...works but kind of a pain if you just want to play and hear the sound NOW.
TLTD

Postby Moonrider » February 27th, 2011, 6:05 am

TLTD wrote:I want to know too, I use a ptchfactor and I'm sure it can do it...I have been reamping then changing the pitch...works but kind of a pain if you just want to play and hear the sound NOW.

Wow . . . zombie thread! Walters was such a head case everyone ignored him, but you seem normal enough . . . :lol:

Anyway, pitch shift and Automatic Double Tracking (ADT) are two entirely different effects.

Just about any delay can give you ADT effects. All you need to do is experiment with very short delay times in the 15 to 80 millisecond range to find the sound you like.

From what you describe of your process, it sounds like you want to add a real-time pitch shifted harmony. Your Eventide box will definitely do that, but since I'm entirely unfamiliar with it, the best I can do is refer you to the manual, and give you a link to the PDF version if you don't have it. http://www.eventide.com/~/media/Files/A ... l_Eng.ashx
Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation
Moonrider
Guitarnoise Denizen