Jamplay.com Holiday Special

Welcome to the forums!

SSG2 - 11 - silly putty

The Sunday Songwriters club is a stretching exercise for your mind. Arpeggios for the brain cells, so to speak. After all, writing is like playing - to get better, you have to practice.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby voodoochild » January 20th, 2004, 10:33 am

Absolutely amazing song. I especially liked the three, four, five structure. Takes a bit getting used to but it does grab you. There is one thing that bothers me though. Words like cerulean, shrapnel are not that common in songs for a reason : The average person won't associate himself with a song if he can't understand the words immediately as he has heard them. If you are going for a Piano Man kind of mood you must remember that the toughest words in that song are "Oh, la la la, de de da
La la, de de da da da". That's what endears the song to people, its simplicity. Again I must commend the structure and the "plot" of the song. It really is brilliant.
A handful of quarters, and a naked song, don't answer the question of where we belong.
voodoochild

Postby Olav » January 20th, 2004, 11:36 am

Silly_putty
Absolutely amazing lyrics. You are a great storyteller. However I do agree with "Woody".
I had to look up the word "cerulean". Well, now I know it means "deep blue"
When you used the phrase "shards of shrapnel" you lost my interest because I did not feel like getting out my dictionary again.
What the heck does it mean anyway? LOL
Please dont misunderstand me. I believe in saying things in different ways, but I do feel it still have to be simple. So keep up the good work, but think about the "Average Joe"
Hope I was not to hard on you
Blessings. Olav
Olav