Welcome to the forums!

Y10W34 - I got nothing

The Sunday Songwriters club is a stretching exercise for your mind. Arpeggios for the brain cells, so to speak. After all, writing is like playing - to get better, you have to practice.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby Hobson » June 27th, 2012, 11:13 am

I have been playing around with this week's topic. Since I'm retired, every day of the week is pretty much the same, aside from when I have chorus rehearsals or other scheduled activities. So I decided to go with how days of the week (or maybe just Saturdays) have had different meaning as a kid in school, a busy college student with a part time job, an adult with work and home responsibilities and now a lazy old fart. I came up with some lyrics, but am not proud of them. Meanwhile, I'm heading out of town where I'll have limited Internet access and I won't have my guitar and recording equipment. So this project is on hold unless my subconscious mind has a major breakthrough.

But I don't feel too bad about this because I wrote another song, not related to SSG topics. The link is over in Hear Here, if anyone's interested.
Renee
Hobson

Postby andygetch » June 27th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Hobson wrote:I decided to go with how days of the week (or maybe just Saturdays) have had different meaning as a kid in school, a busy college student with a part time job, an adult with work and home responsibilities and now a lazy old fart. I came up with some lyrics, but am not proud of them.

I like the concept, not being proud of lyrics (most of those are the ones I didn't get around to recording) hasn't stopped me from posting them here before :lol: I have lost interest in quite a few songs that way.

Hobson wrote:But I don't feel too bad about this because I wrote another song, not related to SSG topics. The link is over in Hear Here, if anyone's interested.

Some of the songs I actually like started out in from working on a song I was struggling with. I read an interview with Rodney Crowell in "Songwriters on Songwriting" where he said he values the unfinished songs because they often lead to another song. Starting next week in 50/90 I will be reworking some unfinished ones to see what comes out.
andygetch

Postby jamestoffee » July 4th, 2012, 2:17 pm

Hobson wrote: Since I'm retired, every day of the week is pretty much the same,

Being on vacation and with my parents who are retired, I can relate. We keep trying to figure out the day of the week....forget about remembering any dates :lol: except it is the Fourth of July.....Happy 4th!
jamestoffee
Guitarnoise Addict