Welcome to the forums!

Real song from an SSG exercise

The Sunday Songwriters club is a stretching exercise for your mind. Arpeggios for the brain cells, so to speak. After all, writing is like playing - to get better, you have to practice.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby Hobson » September 7th, 2011, 8:37 am

I've been off-line while camping, so haven't kept up on SSG activities. But I did manage to turn the exercise from 2 weeks ago into a real song. I'm hoping to do more of that.

My new version of Stealing Home:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... D=11025306
Renee
Hobson

Postby Chris C » September 7th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Congratulations. :D

It's always a cause for celebration when you take an idea for a song all the way through to recording it. It's not only worth a considerable pat on the back to ourselves when we get that far, but it's also a great reference to look back on later and see how our general development and progress is going. There were lot's of good ideas in your lyrics, and the playing and singing sounded like you're already a good way down the track with all the things you need. So you're probably not looking for specific comments. But I'm sure that a bit of applause wouldn't go astray. Good work. :)

I hope you enjoyed the camping - I expect you've got a few possible song stories there too... We bought a camper trailer earlier this year and have had some fun with it. It's quite a work-out putting to all up (and provides some amusement for the onlookers!) but the result are worth it, and the exercise is good too.

All the best with recording more songs.

Cheers,

Chris
Chris C
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby Hobson » September 8th, 2011, 10:12 am

Thanks for listening. I won't say that this is the best song I ever wrote, but at least I put the effort involved in the exercise to good use.

Camping was fun. Getting ready and putting things away after, not so much fun.
Renee
Hobson