Welcome to the forums!

Songwriting Book?

Get help writing songs, find composers for your lyrics or set up songwriting exchanges. You can post messages here to find songwriting partners or post your lyrics and get feedback. Questions about copyright? They go here too.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby MelodyMaker » August 9th, 2012, 8:36 am

Hey everyone!
Wow, there are so many amazing songwriters in here! I'm pretty new to songwriting/lyric writing and was wondering if anyone out there would know of any great books that would help me progress in my songwriting career? I'm a huge fan of Taylor Swift, Miranda Lambert, and Carrie Underwood if that helps? Just need a book that would help me have a broader understanding of songwriting and creating hit songs. If you come across anything let me know, and I'll do the same!

Thanks!
-Melody
MelodyMaker

Postby Vic Lewis VL » August 9th, 2012, 4:42 pm

The Complete Idiot's guide to the art of songwriting, co-written by our very own David Hodge - yes, the same David Hodge who's currently setting the assignments/topics in the Sunday Songwriters Group forum. Drop in there, MelodyMaker... all new writers are welcome, and encouraged.

:D :D :D

Vic
"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)
Vic Lewis VL
Albus Dumblechord