Smoke This! Contest with Ian Gillan of Deep Purple

If you see a contest for a free guitar, strings, amp or anything else related, post a link here. Also if you have a favorite freebie app, like a tuner or metronome, post the download link here.
immergent

Smoke This! Contest with Ian Gillan of Deep Purple

Post by immergent » July 19th, 2006, 12:04 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm spreading the word about the Smoke This contest with Ian Gillan of Deep Purple. You can check it out @ http://www.gillansinn.com.

Contestants are competing to see who can do the best remake of Smoke On The Water in three categories (Vocal, Lead Guitar, and Band).

You can win a trip to Vegas to perform live with Ian Gillan at The House Of Blues.

Cheers!

NoteBoat
Musically Insane

Post by NoteBoat » July 19th, 2006, 12:48 pm

I thought that would be cool... but the prize isn't performing live; it's just a trip to Vegas with concert tickets.
Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Daniel Lioneye

Post by Daniel Lioneye » July 19th, 2006, 2:03 pm

NoteBoat wrote:I thought that would be cool... but the prize isn't performing live; it's just a trip to Vegas with concert tickets.
It would still be cool though.

too bad i only know the main riff :oops:

immergent

Post by immergent » July 20th, 2006, 11:39 am

Hey all! Thanks for the replies! I hope to hear your stuff on the contest page! :)

immergent

Post by immergent » August 2nd, 2006, 12:30 pm

just wanted to give the post a little *bump*!

the contest has started and there have been some pretty cool and interesting submissions! if you get a chance and haven't checked out gillansinn.com, you should record something to submit!

thanks for letting me get the word out on your boards! :)