35 Free Guitar 'Lessons' for iTunes or other RSS feeder

If you see a contest for a free guitar, strings, amp or anything else related, post a link here. Also if you have a favorite freebie app, like a tuner or metronome, post the download link here.
gadlaw

35 Free Guitar 'Lessons' for iTunes or other RSS feeder

Post by gadlaw » December 8th, 2005, 10:40 am

Found this on digg.com just now. http://www.iplaymusic.com/ It says it has 35 free lessons with video. You don't actually need an ipod to use this sort of thing. And it's beginner stuff. Can't completely vouch for it but there it is to see in any event. NO bad comments about it on digg.com at this time other than someone complaining because it's not bass lessons.

Okay, this link is to the 35 video lessons http://feeds.feedburner.com/iplaymusic which can be played from your computer directly. The videos are in M4v format, whatever that is. It worked on my computer opening up a Quicktime box within my Firefox browser. And that's all I know. :D
Enjoy your karma, after all you earned it.
http://www.gadlaw.com

Bish
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Bish » December 8th, 2005, 11:09 am

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll give a look-see.
Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

drewsdad

Post by drewsdad » December 8th, 2005, 3:58 pm

I don't know if you guys noticed this, but after I went to the link and viewed one of the lessons, I started getting nailed with the annoyingly persistent emoticon ad pop-ups. Had to run Adaware to remove the little buggers triggering them. Could be coincidence, but it's generally not the case.

It's a shame too, the video really didn't look too bad. Hope no one else has the same misfortune.

gadlaw

Post by gadlaw » December 8th, 2005, 5:26 pm

drewsdad wrote:I don't know if you guys noticed this, but after I went to the link and viewed one of the lessons, I started getting nailed with the annoyingly persistent emoticon ad pop-ups. Had to run Adaware to remove the little buggers triggering them. Could be coincidence, but it's generally not the case.

It's a shame too, the video really didn't look too bad. Hope no one else has the same misfortune.
Quite possible. Are you running on Explorer? I'm Firefox and don't run into those sorts of things. The popups I mean. It also looks like you still have windows 'messenger' undisabled. Anyways, I run ad-aware two or more times a day and after going to that site I got a tracking thing it flagged and got rid of. It might have come from there. Although, if you know about it, run to the site, download the files (Right click, save as) and then clean the cookie off your computer you would be okay. Every once in a while I have a hankering to see videos and go to the yahoo video site and get at least three of those kind of parasitic things that I have to clean off my computer. Ad-Aware SE Personal edition is free and gets rid of such evil things.

drewsdad

Post by drewsdad » December 9th, 2005, 6:06 am

Yeah, unfortunately they don't want us to install a lot of additional software on our computers at work, so I'm pretty much stuck with explorer here when I get a chance to browse. At home I use fIrefox, opera and explorer depending on my mood and equipment I have working at the time. I use several "cleanup" programs regularly, I just thought it was a shame that the site was so clumsy as to be using those tags if they rally want to promote their videos.

nolongerme

Post by nolongerme » December 9th, 2005, 9:58 am

Firefox rocks! I never have problems with pop-ups and its tons faster than a huge package brower like Netscape. Its faster than explorer too. Windows has a new vrsion of explorere coming out soon that has tabbed browsing and should be better, so theres that to look foward to.

YouToo

Post by YouToo » March 9th, 2006, 2:26 pm

Thanks for the link gadlaw, I found it useful......And I didn't get any pop-ups either, I think it's because I'm using Firefox too.....

Mick

gadlaw

Post by gadlaw » March 9th, 2006, 5:27 pm

YouToo wrote:Thanks for the link gadlaw, I found it useful......And I didn't get any pop-ups either, I think it's because I'm using Firefox too.....

Mick
Glad it helped. The guitarnoise.com forum is the place for friendly, helpful and knowledgable people. But they let me hang around anyways thank goodness. :)