Welcome to the forums!

Refound record!!!

If you have a post about music or guitar that doesn't really fit anywhere else, put it here. This is strictly on topic, guitar or music related topics only. Please be civil and courteous here. This forum is moderated and respectful conversation is expected.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby s1120 » August 30th, 2012, 12:58 pm

Dont you love when you dig out a record you havent heard in YEARS and get to enjoy it agean!!!!!! I found a old tape of this in my garage that I always played when I was working on my cars... Im into it all over agean!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owd1jriU ... re=related
Paul B
s1120

Postby fleaaaaaa » August 30th, 2012, 1:10 pm

I have a 2CD collection of Yes! I like it a lot but I haven't listened to it fully yet - need a really long car drive sometime.

I very occasionally put the stuff on from my teenage years and enjoy it, NIN, AFI, Smashing Pumpkins.... never get fully obsessed with it like I did when I was first going through the phase of any of those bands though.
together we stand, divided we fall..........
fleaaaaaa

Postby s1120 » August 30th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Ya I've been in a bit of a kick lately doing the same.... sounds like I have a few years on you though! I'm digging out the Yes, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Rush, and traffic...... been many years!
Paul B
s1120

Postby rparker » August 31st, 2012, 8:14 am

I've always liked their music, but only once bought an album. Not sure why that is. Nice pick. :)
Roy

"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin
rparker
Musically Insane

Postby TRGuitar » September 1st, 2012, 11:24 am

Never really a fan but glad you rediscovered music of your youth Paul! I may well be stuck back there as I've never let a lot of it go. Of course they are still playing the stuff on the radio too so I suppose it's OK.
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --
TRGuitar
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby rparker » September 1st, 2012, 11:34 am

TRGuitar wrote:Never really a fan but glad you rediscovered music of your youth Paul! I may well be stuck back there as I've never let a lot of it go. Of course they are still playing the stuff on the radio too so I suppose it's OK.

That's a good arguement for keeping your old radio. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(J/K)
Roy

"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin
rparker
Musically Insane