Fender Highway 1

If you have a post about music or guitar that doesn't really fit anywhere else, put it here. This is strictly on topic, guitar or music related topics only. Please be civil and courteous here. This forum is moderated and respectful conversation is expected.
MarcMM

Fender Highway 1

Post by MarcMM » November 28th, 2010, 1:33 am

Hey,

I'm thinking about buying one for some time now. Anyone ever played it? How about Highway 1 : vs Mexico made Fender? Of course i'm gonna try both guitars (and more:)in the store, but wanted to hear about it from you.. any experience?

Nuno
Guitarnoise Addict

Re: Fender Highway 1

Post by Nuno » November 28th, 2010, 4:54 am

They are good guitars. I have played Strat and Tele guitars and also basses. There is a Jazz Bass Highway 1 that it is one of my favorites in a store. But play both, you also can find many good MIM guitars.

ph0nage

Re: Fender Highway 1

Post by ph0nage » November 29th, 2010, 5:53 am

I own one. I am a fan. Keep in mind I have the HSS model

Most noticeable differences:
1.) Nitrocellulose (not sure if that's spelled correctly) finish. It has a different appearance and allows the wood to "breathe more", so i hear. It also gives a cool look when it wears away. I like it compared to the traditional strat finishes
2.) Oversized headstock. It's larger and has a different logo on it
3.) Different pickups. I'm a fan...you'll have to try it compared to a MIM for yourself
4.) Mine has jumbo frets on it. I like these

I do feel like the overall quality is better than the MIMs I've tried - but that's something that people will probably differ w/ in opinion. The H1 style will stand out a little bit more imo than a standard MIM