Tuning to A-432

Well who doesn't have a question about theory? Come on in and get them answered here. Beginning to advanced theory questions are welcome.
JoeHempel
Guitarnoise Addict

Re: Tuning to A-432

Post by JoeHempel » October 13th, 2009, 2:41 am

KR2 wrote:Aw come on, Nick . . . aren't you tuned in to the Cosmic vibrations?
she's giving me good vibrations.

I know nothing of any other post in this thread, but it was an interesting read.
In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Scrybe
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Scrybe » October 13th, 2009, 11:18 am

Nick wrote:There aren't many that need it more than I. Besides you'd be surprised at how many hot, repressed and available women there are at church.
So, if you need it so badly, are you essentially saying you're pretty desperate? :shock:
Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

greybeard
Guitari Lama

Post by greybeard » October 13th, 2009, 12:51 pm

Hmmmmm, I suspect that your understanding of "it" differs slightly from Nick's, in this context, at least.
I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

gnease
Musically Insane

Post by gnease » October 13th, 2009, 2:03 pm

methinks my two friends have 'it' nailed to exactly the same meaning.
-=tension & release=-

Coolnama

Post by Coolnama » October 13th, 2009, 2:26 pm

PG-13 people O_O
  • I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

• Its Kirby....

Scrybe
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Scrybe » October 13th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Lmaoo
Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Ricochet
Guitari Lama

Post by Ricochet » October 20th, 2009, 6:52 am

All together now:
"Good, good, good, good vibrations..." :mrgreen:
"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Nick
Administrator

Post by Nick » October 20th, 2009, 7:45 am

Well no, I was saying in need of salvation, forgiveness, and moral and ethical guidance...

but yes
Click below for all my guitarnoise articles and reviews

http://www.guitarnoise.com/author/nicktorres/

My songs (Some not suitable for minors)

http://www.soundclick.com/nfshakespeare

Greendrummers

Post by Greendrummers » November 16th, 2011, 11:01 am

Thank you Nick for asking the question and for your links on the Silent Night's recordings... I have listened to both and now have a headache. In between the ears!
I found your post on Google by searching "tuning piano to 432Hz", and, even though it didn't answer my question, nor yours, it was really interesting to read and I am rather saddened by certain people's attitude which is, unfortunately being judgmental myself, "close-minded"!
Hey well, having been on stage myself (small stages, nobody needs be jealous) and given up my Korg Triton synth for a Baby Grand (1910 - a very old beautiful one), I can only say that having read yesterday about the traditional tuning to 432Hz, it makes a lot of sense to me why I have sometimes been cross with music... Why it affects people as it does. Why I was always attracted to old pianos that were out of concert pitch and unfortunately not all in tune. Why I have now a headache after listening to both versions of Silent Night about 5 times. Why it is time to look again at those who were most inspired and were attuned to the It of this universe.

Well, I hope I will find someone that can help tune that piano to this sound which is so much more vibrant and calling, and hope you do manage yourself, Nick, to tune your guitar at 432. I have seen tuning forks on the web, but all in USA so a bit far to order from Uk... Good luck.

kairologic

Post by kairologic » October 27th, 2012, 2:45 pm

Hey all! I am a strong advocate for just intonation over equal temperament, and for A432 over A440. I have some great contributions to this debate, perhaps even revolutionary renovations to tuning standard theory, which I've just published in an article titled "A=432hz: On the Proper Concert Pitch and a New Standardization of Tempo." It is available at http://www.trueconcertpitch.com as well as the iBookstore and Amazon Kindle marketplaces. As the title implies, I also propose a standardization of tempos for the sake of mathematical and sonorous correlation between note values and harmonies to rhythm and metre. I have created a YouTube video wherein I present an augmented version of my written article, available here -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBQ9XkQyXxI. There is a Facebook page by the name "A=432hz Concert Pitch" which is dedicated to group discussion regarding the paradigm I am setting into play. Please have a look and let me know what you think! I'm glad to have a say in this forum.

Brendan Bombaci

"Geometry, coeternal with God and shining in the divine Mind, gave God the pattern... by which he laid out the world so that it might be best and most beautiful and finally most like the Creator." -Kepler