Search found 2 matches
Search found 2 matches • Page 1 of 1
- June 10th, 2014, 10:31 am
- Forum: Guitar and Music Theory
- Topic: best way to find modes and scales on guitar?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3614
For one, you don't need to be a pianist to be a great composer. Not all of them were. So fear not, you can compose for any instrument with your guitar. However, as you noted, it will require an understanding of music theory. Remember what music theory is, though. It's simply saying "this is how I ca...
- June 10th, 2014, 10:15 am
- Forum: Beginner's Q&A Forum
- Topic: greetings and learning question
- Replies: 13
- Views: 14136
The thing with fretted instruments is the retuning is not a hindrance but a bonus. All too often guitarists use capos when their playing would be completely revolutionized by leaning more chord voicings instead. And just with the guitar, retuning it gives you worlds more colors and tones by forcing ...